Friday, June 5, 2009

Aunt Melmarie

I just stopped in to see Aunt Melmarie at St. Joseph's (not my favorite place). Joanie was there and has apparently been there everyday this week so she was filling me in. Luckily I didn't have to deal with Nurse R.

Aunt Melmarie is not doing well - today she has taken a precipitous turn for the worse. She's on a morphine patch, so she's not awake, but she still appears to be in pain at times. I had to leave for a few hours while the IV team tried to put in a pic line for anibiotics. The nuns are making all medical POA-type decisions.

Joanie said that even yesterday, she was awake and having conversations at times. Her favorite one this week was trying to convince her that Ellen Degeneres was a woman, which blew up when Ellen brought out her "wife" Portia deRossi.

I know Quinn took Mom over earlier this week, after some coaxing. I don't think there was much interaction but Aunt Melmarie was sleeping peacefully while they were there which gave Mom some peace of mind.

All I can say is thank God for Quinn and Joanie! I'll go back over in an hour or so and post more if there's anything else to post.

Love to all,
Lel

No comments:

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles