Thursday, January 8, 2009

She's like a hummingbird!

I think it would have been easier asking a hummingbird to settle down and take it easy. I talked to Levelle (who spent the morning with Mom), and Mom seemed to be back to her new old self. Mom was certainly well enough after the procedure to tell me how great her favorite sons are. (I won't embarrass anyone by mentioning names.) Maybe once in a while you guys could put in a good word for her daughters. (I won't embarrass anyone by mentioning names. Yes, I will... Quinn! for starters!)

Love you all, Megan

P.S. GO RAVENS! and Eagles.

12 comments:

Michael said...

Quinn? Has she done anything lately? I didn't know that.

Just kidding.

BTW, is it easier to get the hummingbird to settle down compared to Mom settling down or compared to getting an answer from Paul as to how the night went?

GO RAVENS!!!! (and eagles)

quinn said...

Paul does not blog. I don't even know if he remembers that we blog.
Anyway, I went over yesterday morning to see how Paul and Mom faired through the night. I arrived at 7a.m. to find Mom, fully dressed and Paul (also fully dressed ) already down in the lobby. This was not a good sign since she was supposed to stay in bed or atleast, quietly sit in her room until noon or so. Paul said she first woke up around 1a.m. and tried to get dressed to go to church. He got her back to bed only to have this cycle repeated several more times during the night. I did get her back in her room, checked her groin for bleeding or bruising- for some reason the brothers balked at this duty- and got her to sit down.... She stayed sitting for almost 5 whole minutes! Levelle relieved Paul and experienced more of the "hummingbird syndrome" Luckily, she did remain free from any complications and all seems to be well for the moment. Levelle and I have discussed goals for mom for 2009:
1. Now that problem with her heart is in check, I am going to ask Dr,Lavin to get her back on a sleeping pill.
2. Hook Mom up with this adorable man. There is a new man at BG who appears to have Alzheimers. He definitely speaks more clearly than Mom, but is confused and adamant about believing he is right and everyone else is wrong (in a really sweet way, though). He LOVES to walk and seems to need to keep active. He would be a great friend for Mom. Levelle has already tried to introduce them. No sparks yet :(
We threw around some other ideas, I just can't seem to remember them now. OMG, I know I've got IT. Please come visit me!
Peace and that is it for now.
Love, Q

Danny said...

Yes, Paul told me it was quite an eye opening experience for him the other night. But then he swiftly shut his eyes as Mom began disrobing in front of him. I'll use Quinn's line...Tee-hee.

Yes Quinn, I'll come visit ya', but I think I'll need visiting first. Maybe BG would give us all a nice quantity discount!

I've got a few questions:
- Mail came to Yarmouth addressed to "The Executor of Mary Elizabeth Harper". Does that name ring a bell with anyone?
- Was Aunt Sugar anyones god-mother?
- Are there any objections to my gathering, itemizing, cataloging and removing from Yarmouth(for safe keeping & sharing)the remnants of ancestral documents there?

Enjoy the games...may all the bird teams win!
Love, Danny

Levelle said...

Yep...same everything today. I was able to get her to shower and wash her hair though. Um.....I REALLY don't want to get old!

Hummingbird Syndrome - I love it.

Happy weekend - Love, Levelle

Gilmom5 said...

Aunt Sugar was my godmother - why, is there a big inheritance hangng around somewhere?

quinn said...

Lel, if call size 16 habits a "big" inheritance, then yes, you just came into a windfall!

Stuart said...

THere are papers in the desk for various people that Mom and/or Dad helped as executors. That name doesn't ring a bell but could be it. See if it is anything good.

Michael said...

Lel, those may not be able to be deposited in a bank but you could easily get rich off them. Just use them as inspiration for a new book - "16 Habits of Highly Regious People". ;-)

Megan said...

Before I picked Mom up at the hospital on Wednesday, I had a gynocologist appointment. As I sat there waiting for the doc (for over an hour in a hospital gown), I had way too much time to think. I began to wish that the doc would find that I had breast cancer or ovarian cancer. I'd prefer either of those to death by alzheimers.

Today (Saturday) I found our hummingbird at the lunch table with the BG hussie (and others). Maybe she remembered the expression, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' My advice to all is that if you want to change her mood from sour to sweet, just pull out the old photo album from her bedside table. She really enjoys looking at and naming the folks from her past.

Megan said...

Regarding the ancestral documents, please do take, read, process, and share. Back in the fall, I brought lots home that I copied and returned.

Recently, Quinn, Leland and I found a manila envelope I hadn't seen before. Mom had labeled it 'Special Notes from Special "Friends" to be Treasured Always.' There is a particularly touching letter from Dad to Mom that he wrote while at work one day. Leland sent me home with the envelope. I'll read (and cry over) these notes and pass them on.

Megan said...

Oh yeah, one more thing...

How 'bout those Ravens?!!!!

Michael said...

Did Mom go to the game? I am sure she enjoyed watching it at least, right? I know I did. :D

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles