I was just reminded of this...
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.
8 comments:
Look out of any window
any morning, any evening, any day
Maybe the sun is shining
birds are winging or
rain is falling from a heavy sky -
What do you want me to do,
to do for you to see you through?
this is all a dream we dreamed
one afternoon long ago
Walk out of any doorway
feel your way, feel your way
like the day before
Maybe you'll find direction
around some corner
where it's been waiting to meet you -
What do you want me to do,
to watch for you while you're sleeping?
Well please don't be surprised
when you find me dreaming too
Walk into splintered sunlight
Inch your way through dead dreams
to another land
Maybe you're tired and broken
Your tongue is twisted
with words half spoken
and thoughts unclear
What do you want me to do
to do for you to see you through
A box of rain will ease the pain
and love will see you through
And love will see you through.
BTW- If any of you are at Yarmouth and run into the neighbors, please thank them for their watchfulness. I spoke to the neighbor at 629 (Someone please tell me his name! I know, I should have asked.). Anyhow, they are watchful and thoughtful. They put their trashbags at our curb, shovel snow, and probably pick up the freebie newspapers that arrive. Mr. 629 tried to talk me into moving in so that they wouldn't have to worry about having bad neighbors move in, after having the pleasure of Mom and Dad.
Thanks for that Mike & Stuart. I'm still grasping the last physical threads... but trying to move on to the more spritual;)
Megan, I'll make of point of knocking on Mr.629's door this afternoon, will apologize for forgetting his name and will post it next comment;)
Quinny, I'll get BOTH of your trees back to you shortly. You still have that 5 ft. wood-deco one at 627;)
Lel, thanks for freeing Jim up for our winter camping trip. 'Twill be a hoot to have him along to complete the circle of bro's-in-law for me. Gotta work on my bro's for it one of these years;)
Lev, kiss those lil cherubs for me and tell hubby I'm looking forward to the Jamie & Scott Comedy Act as always;)
Paul, how goes the battle?;)
Lil somethin & love for all;)
629 are Debra & Alan.
627 are Kate &___?___.
Across Yarmouth are Chris &__?__.
Kate tells me it was Chris's husband who shovelled Monday. I'd have thanked the good samaritans but they weren't home... next time they are, I will.
Correct spelling of any above noted names is not guaranteed:-)
Thanks for the info, Danny. And let us know if you talk to Scary Mary. We're all curious, though I'm not curious enough to answer when she calls. Thank goodness for Caller ID. If anyone wants to call her directly, her number is 410-225-0357.
If you haven't checked out sacredspace.com before, today is a great day for it.
BTW- Stuart, you ought to put that poem to music. It's beautiful.
Love to all, Q
Jim talked to Scary Mary. After much ado with her explaining to Jim who she was, she ulitmately is just looking for Paul. Didn't say why.
Take care,
Lel
I think Quinn means sacredspace.ie
Post a Comment