Thursday, January 29, 2009

maybe need a favor.....

Y'all may remember the story we have told about one our friends from Singapore who was the adopted daughter of the last prince of Bali. There is a book about him and it had one chapter about how he "found" this little Indonesian baby (our friend, Merti) with a massively deformed head - it was crescent shaped with one side pushed all the way in. The prince and his wife adopted her since they had financial means to support her and their other kids had grown up already. When Merti was about a year old, a Balinese dance teacher saw her and asked if she could try to massage her to fix her head. Over many months, she "fixed" her and now Merti is a beautiful woman. She looks just like Melanie. (Melanie reads the blog so I had to say that).

Merti & her husband, Bruce Rittgers, moved to rural New England 10 years ago and we just got back in touch again. Their three lovely children have grown up with the first just starting in college. I can't believe their pictures on Facebook.

Anyway.... the oldest, Shanti, is now in the Maryland Institute College of Art. I've already volunteered Megan to meet up with the daughter sometime in the next 4 months :D as she is a fellow graduate and all, but could I give them some phone numbers of the Baltimore crowd in case of emergency? You know how parents are when their first goes off to college (or you can guess). They are easygoing and fun people but still a tad bit nervous. Any objection to one more person having your phone number?

I won't pass them Paul's number since the daughter is gorgeous.

6 comments:

Danny said...

No problem Mike. I'm not 15 minutes from M.I.C.A. when at the office and am usually here from just after 6:00am until 4:30pm.
Cell#:410-259-2798...
Office#:410-732-1000(ext.#105 if a human being doesn't pick up).
e-mail: dan@fcclifford.com

quinn said...

Ditto for me Home#410-876-0596
Cell#443-605-4042
Work#410-876-0596
And since I will take Shanti's emergency calls, I will change the emergency contact at BG to Boo ;)

quinn said...

Oops, my work number is 410-332-9437 and I am about 6 blocks from her.

Megan said...

Absolutely, but FYI, my art degree is from Towson University. I do frequent the MICA bookstore, as they have the cheapest art supplies around town.

If you don't already have my #'s:
home 717-235-9158
cell 443-250-7186
work 410-889-3900 (my office is 5 minutes from MICA, but I'm only there about 10 hours a week)

I'd be happy to call her. Has she been to the American Visionary Art Museum?

Gilmom5 said...

Feel free to give them our numbers, too. And there's always vacations in beautiful, downtown, Atlantic City :)

Michael said...

Thanks much all. They feel more secure already.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles