They certainly do... and they twitter as well.
Yesterday, I suggested to Mom that we go out for an early evening movie. Mom declined this as she had "already been out twice today" and made it apparent that she was focussed on something more "important".
The heads-up for today's visitors (I already talked to Megan) is that Mom is wanting to fix breakfast for her "favorite" of BG's staff. The lucky staff member is a female. Mom couldn't give me much more in the way of identification. She couldn't remember the gal's name or schedule so let's just call her 'Sally' for the story's sake of clarity... Mom approached 'Sally' yesterday morning and told her that she wanted to give her a Valentines present for being so nice. She told 'Sally' that the present was to fix her breakfast one morning. 'Sally' responded that just the thought itself was the nicest gesture.
Mom was emphatic about delivering the gift and asked for my help. So being the good, or stupid son that I am, I acquiesced. After dinner, we spent the evening coming up with as workable a game plan as possible. She acknowledged that she had to keep it simple. We investigated the 3rd floor communal kitchen for what appliances could be used. Luckily, only a toaster and a microwave are available. With this in mind, I zipped out to Giant to procure the fixin's. Course one: pop top off cut up red grapefruit pieces and serve. Course two: drop frozen rasberry toaster strudel into toaster on medium setting, remove and serve. Course three: peel back corner of frozen Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl, place in microwave on high setting for 7 minutes, remove, let stand for 2 minutes and serve. These instructions were written out simply and put on her fridge. It'll be interesting to see how it all goes.
BTW, the night stand lamp shade has been recovered. According to Mom, it had been missing since the holidays until she found out that someone had put it over top of the floor lamp's shade. We found that the floor lamp shade's finial functioned only as decoration... so we moved it to the table lamp shade where it now is fastened down tight to prevent future relocation of the shade :)
Love, Danny
8 comments:
That was really nice of you to help with breakfast plans. If I could offer a suggestion for the next time....PANARA. They have all the fixins, already prepared! ;)
Nice detective work on the lamp shade, too!
I found Mom dressed nicely, but pretty depressed. Her breakfast guests were a no-show. She was expecting three of them... Quinn(?), a man Dad who had worked with who was bringing papers, and someone else. Mom remained VERY quiet and only once weepy. Luckily, the TV was working today. We watched the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie, but I couldn't really get Mom out of her funk. She had already been to the Mother House and was mad that the Mass time wasn't posted. I was hoping to get her shampooed and then drop her off for Mass on my way out. No such luck, as Mrs. Rafferty arrived. Paul will have to handle the shampoo tomorrow (hee-hee). Mom at least acted cheered up to see Mrs. R.
Thanks for trying, Danny! The food will keep for a while. Maybe Quinn and the other guest will eventually show up soon.
Looks like I'm having a nice breakfast before the shower on Friday ;-)! Now this is an interesting post. I would really love to know when/how these ideas come up in our little hummingbird's head.
Love, Levelle
Finial?
Never mind. I'll look it up.
Try the following...
http://www.lampfinials.com/
:-D
Oooh! Check this one out just for Mom...
http://www.lampfinials.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=lamp_finials&Product_Code=1962&Category_Code=weathervane
Wow Danny. You studied those vocab cards better than I though (and better than I did). Sr Annina would be proud (and shocked).
Thanks Mike...and for "a finial comment" picture too. But Sr. wouldn't have been shocked. She always said I had potential...I just wasn't exhibiting it ;)
Post a Comment