Friday, January 30, 2009

Another Rocky Valley to Get Through

I have been getting bits and peices from the local sibs in Baltimore. Sounds like Mom's new thing is that she wants to move in with Paul. We have to help him by giving him some good talking points. I'm sure it's hard for him when he visits, if Mom is crying and begging. Levelle and Quinn had tough visits with Mom this week, but they are pragmatic enough to walk away when there is no way to convince Mom that she's in the best place.

No point in listing the MANY, MANY reasons this would be a disasterous idea.

Jim and I will be down on Sunday, so no need for others to stop in.

Peace,
Lel

Wait, the best news of all: Jim got a job! starts Monday working for the County! Whew!

4 comments:

Danny said...

Many, many, many, many reasons... and I'm NOT being redundant!

Best of luck on Sunday. Give Jim my hearty congratulations. Can he still go camping next month?

Levelle said...

How's about a board meeting this Sunday morning? I can come up with many, many, many...and I'm NOT being redundant either reasons why the Mom and Paul's idea is rediculous.

Mom spent 1 1/2 hours today crying about how she wants to get out of there and that she can live with Paul. I can really see his wheels turning thinking of what a great gig that would be. Nothing that I could say would convince her that this is the best place for her. Oh and I'm not allowed to say Alzheimer's anymore. She also told me four different times how she/or we could kill her. Fr. Tewes stopped in yesterday. She was happy about that but when I asked her if she talked to him about how sad she was she said that she wouldn't do that. So, on my way out, I stopped by the nurse to see if Mom could talk to someone. She called Quinn about getting a phsych eval (not quite what I was thinking) or getting Mom on some anti-depressents. At least it gets the ball rolling.

Keep on praying - love to all - Levelle

Michael said...

Is Jim a lineman for the county?

Is Mom serious?

Is Paul a qualified geriatric care giver?

Is their plan to move into Yarmouth our house?

Is it that we have to put everything back real quick?

Is Michael playing 20 questions?

Stuart said...

No Yes No Yes No Yes

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles