If we could get mom engaged again in the activities at BGT, she'd be much happier, of course. Is there any volunteer activity we could do when we visit, that Mom would feel obligated to help out with? Telling her, "I promised I'd help with ..., do you want to come?" might just get her out of her room. I volunteer to help with Happy Hour!
She must be bored to tears and is being pretty stubborn about wallowing in her sorrow. She and Dad were such givers, that pushing her back in that direction any way we can might help.
Just a thought,
Lel
4 comments:
My family is up for Bingo on Monday. And they would like to shovel snow, but it doesn't look like they will get the chance.
And a good thought it is... Are you talking about at or away from BG-Towson? Listed on BG's parent company website(www.sunriseseniorliving.com), there are a vast number of "sample" activities that their various communities have. I'd like to meet with BGT's activity director on my next visit to see what's available.
Yeah - i was thinking at BGT.
So how do we get her to participate? I'm not sure she will listen to even Danny or Lel with suggestions of that sort. Any chance that some staff at BGT is skilled, patient and compassionate enough to take on the project?
By the way, I just saw the moveie "Away from Her" on TV the other night, then last night I read the short story that it was based on called "The Bear Came Over the Mountain." (The story is available online at The New Yorker website.) The BGT in that story wouldn't allow new residents to have visitors for 30 days, to allow time for acclimation. Pluses and minuses to that approach, at least in the story.
Post a Comment