Monday, January 12, 2009

Well the Hummingbird took a crap on Quinn's windshield today.

Okay, so Mom didn't actually poop on Quinn's car, but she sure has a way of turning someone's day upside down. (I just love the comparison to the hummingbird) Figuring that the health issues were taken care of, Quinn happily went for her regularly scheduled visit today. Mom was completely distraught and insistent that she wants OUT OF THIS PLACE! Nothing that Quinn could do or say would alleviate any of Mom's anxiety. The lampshade to her bedside lamp is missing (any ideas?!?) and Mom thinks that someone has stolen it. She has also told several friends variations of the "they told me that they don't like me here because...fill in the reason". I'm just putting this out there that no matter how we feel, we have to be united in telling her that BGT is the best place for her. Quinn offered to look into other places and Mom just told her that the cemetery had the only answer. Nice.

Needless to say, Quinn didn't get her to shower this week. Good luck on Wednesday Megan ;-).

Keep praying! Love to all - Levelle

11 comments:

Megan said...

God (and Dad), help us.

Gilmom5 said...

time to come off the nemenda?

Michael said...

I've been off it for months now and it hasn't helped. I am still paranoid about people stealing from Mom and talking behind her back.

Michael said...

Just think, every day spent helping Mom cope takes one day off your purgatory calendar. You are doing God's work (although you would think he is powerful enough to do it himself).

Danny said...

I'll spend this evening(Tue.)with Mom. I'll text you local girls with an ETA during the day. Let me know if I'm needed on site earlier. I WAS planning on opening topic of Yarmouth disposition with her. Probably not a good time huh?

The lamp shade's disappearance is funny. It immediately brought back memory of a photograph of dear ol' Dad at some Kitmore Rd. or college party...wearing a lamp shade and that wide smile...holding a Gunther maybe.

Stuart said...

I got a call yesterday from Baltimopre Equitable Society. As I mentioned in the past, their policy is only in effect if the named beneficiaries are living in the house. They understood that Mom's residence in BGT was not necessarily permanent when started, so they were willing to extend coverage until this policy period expires.

Now that I have acknowledged to them that she will not be moving home, they were letting me know the schedule. They will send a cancellation notice in late May, and the policy will expire July 31, 2009. Of course, we could switch to another insurer, but I suspect that the timing is coming together to get the house listed in February or early March.

Any word back from the neighbor with the friend?

Megan said...

I plan on getting to BG early (well, earlier than usual) on Wednesday morning. Danny, please give me a heads up if you think there's any way I should be prepared (other than my usual dread as I drive closer and closer down Charles Street). Maybe I should take her lamp shade shopping.

Gilmom5 said...

2 things:
1. Maybe we should stay away for a few days and see if she gets more settled. If you guys aren't there to complain to, then what will she do?
2. If not that, then Jim can come down - she's usually really calm with him. I'd be happy to come too. Just let me know.

I really think she's spoiled with you guys there all the time, especially with the procedure last week.

Stuart said...

We are coming in Saturday night through Tuesday. I can leave my kids there with her if you think that will help.

Danny said...

I usually drop in only once a week or so. I think that I'm in the same category as Jim in that she's always calm and rarely complains to me...at least not vociferously. She has never said to me that she wants 'out' (other than to be with Dad) or was not satisfied living at BG. It happens I'm sure...just not with me yet.

Danny said...

Stuart: you're too funny!
Megan, Quinn, Levelle: I can't adequately express how appreciative I am for your handling the daily roils with Mom.
All: The sentiment is the same for your continued humorous support!

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles