Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Mom seems to be back to her usual routine. She went to the New Years Eve party last night and apparently had a good time. She brought about thirty of the party hats and noise makers back to her room. I guess she stayed to help clean up afterwards : ) Today she had a visitor that made her day! No, I mean other than me... It was Fr.Tewes! The receptionist said he was as happy to see her as she was to see him. She also overheard him tell Mom that " Now that I found you , I will be back to see you soon" Mom was beaming as the receptionist retold the story. That's it for now.
Thanks for all the support over the holidays! I love you all. Peace and health in 2009.
God bless us, everyone. Q

9 comments:

Gilmom5 said...

I'll be down Saturday for an early visit with Mom. If anyone wants to do something later in the day, let me know. I have to be back in Chalfont by bedtime.

Happy New Year!
Lel

Stuart said...

So with regard to Wednesday: where is the procedure being performed (GBMC? EP Lab?) and what time? Anyone planniing on being there for recovery period or at BGT post-procedure?

Megan said...

I have a 12:30 gyno appointment that I'd rather not miss (it takes forever to get an appointment). So I'll be available for spending time at BG when she gets back there.

quinn said...

Mom has to be at Union Memorial Hospital at 0600, in the Cardiac Cath lab. I will be at BG by 5:30 to pick up Mom. I will stay and get her settled back at BG after the procedure. I know Levelle is off Thursday and Friday. She can probably be there during the day while her kids are at school. I figure we have Paul available atleast some of the time- maybe evenings, to help out. Stuart, are you definitely coming? I think we can probably cover things if things go as planned. Q

Stuart said...

My plan is to take off on Wednesday. I'll come up either real late Tuesday or real, real early on Wednesday. I'll get some more stuff from Yarmouth and be at UM when the procedure ends to help out at the hospital. Then I can spend time at BGT for a few hours afterwards before heading back to NC. Unfortumately, it"s all I can offer this week.

quinn said...

Stuart, why don't you just come up on the weekend? That late night or early morning drive sounds dangerous. They are also calling for freezing rain and ice Tuesday night into Wednesday.
Just a thought, Q

quinn said...

Stuart, why don't you just come up on the weekend? That late night or early morning drive sounds dangerous. They are also calling for freezing rain and ice Tuesday night into Wednesday.
Just a thought, Q

Levelle said...

I can be at the hospital with you Quinn. I can also be available to stay with Mom on Thursday and Friday from about 8:30 - 2:00 (later on Friday if necessary). Maybe Paul could relieve me at least one of the days and stay with Mom until bedtime. Any other takers?

Stuart said...

Good thought Q but I can't get up there this weekend. I will be able to be there earlier tonight, though. I'll stay at Yarmouth and put some more stuff in my car, then go to UM after the proc. Then I'll hang around BGT for the afternoon til 6 or so.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles