Worlds of thanks to my sisters for making it possible for me and Trudy to attend the festivities. I can't wait to be able to host you all here in Durham, with all its world class attractions.
So who went? For some reason, I thought Stuart, Leland, Megan and Quinn went down to Washington. At least that is what I told Mom on Tuesday night. We had an interesting chat. I said the four of you went down and I thought Levelle had to work so she could not. I jokingly said that I did not think Paul or Danny were too interested in attending. Mom replied (and I quote) "Oh Paul wouldn't go for that but I don't understand Danny. I thought he would be the smart one." So much for women's intuition. :p
BTW, Mom made me promise not to tell anyone (but she didn't say anything about the blog) but she asked me to pray for her. She had lost something in her room ad was just starting to look for it but it was not where she left it in the morning before going to see the inauguration. She said that she didn't want to tell me what it is as she didn't want me to worry about it or her. In the next sentence, she said it was her money.
Can I make a suggestion? We get her one of those metal boxes with a key lock and put the key on her BGT wristband which she does not seem to loose. Someone else can keep the copy. It will keep her from hiding cash and jewelry in socks, shoes, statues, etc. The box would be easier to find too. Just a thought.
Peace & love to all, Michael
p.s. - Chinese New Year starts this weekend. Gong Xi Fa Ci Melanie and I will be in Borneo from Sunday to Tuesday, flying through Balikpapan before heading to Samarinda and sailing up the Mahakam River into Dayak territory. Don't worry, the Dayaks gave up their headhunting ways in the late 1940's. I am not sure how contactable I will be but it's worth a shot on my hand phone or e-mail if needed.
It was an awesome day in DC. Between driving down, then taking the metrorail from Glenmont and walking in downtown, we arrived at the checkpoint at 5:45. It took til 9:30 for security to open, then to get through the check point. But once I got inside the party, my toes started to thaw. We had a great 4th floor patio vantage point of the parade route, and the Obamas got out and walked basically right in front of us.
Biggest, most integrated crowds I have ever been in. All joy and fun.
There weren't any souvenor vendors so all I have are the unused commerorative train tickets and rail passes. I'll load the pictures from my camera and post or email any that were good.
Megan- An unknown good samaritan neighbor (or maybe Paul???) shovelled the front sidewalk & up to the front porch sometime on Monday. At 6 a.m. on Tuesday, I shovelled the driveway and the back sidewalk to make the place look like it had a habitant.
Stuart- I've been getting the mail at least once a week. "BGhg" is what you're looking for and it is case sensitive.
Mike- Good thought but a lock box won't do... Mom will hide and lose that as well unless it is welded, super-glued or bolted down. Unless someone else is passing her money, all she usually has is a few $'s from bingo winnings.
Would the person who left the cute little Christmas tree with red bows on Dad's grave like me to remove it to Yarmouth for use next year? I'm sure that the cemetery's caretaker will chuck it out if we don't collect it.
Mom told me on Sunday that she had no cash, not that she lost it. I offered her some but she declined. I suspect our conversation morphed in her mind to be something like having then losing money.
Thanks for the PIN, Danny. I'll try to reach you later about a few othjer things.
9 comments:
Worlds of thanks to my sisters for making it possible for me and Trudy to attend the festivities. I can't wait to be able to host you all here in Durham, with all its world class attractions.
And yes, we got home. At 1:15. A very long day
And a very chilly day for you too I'm sure. For me, 'twas just chilling ;)
Stuart, Levelle reported that you and Trudy had a good day, and that it was worth your effort to get there. Did you bring us souvenirs?
Danny, was it you who shovelled snow at Yarmouth? It wasn't the neighbor at 629, but he thought it might have been the neighbor at 625.
Did anyone get the mail lately?
I am waiting for a letter from Metropolitan with a PIN number (is that a redundant use of the word number?)
So who went? For some reason, I thought Stuart, Leland, Megan and Quinn went down to Washington. At least that is what I told Mom on Tuesday night. We had an interesting chat. I said the four of you went down and I thought Levelle had to work so she could not. I jokingly said that I did not think Paul or Danny were too interested in attending. Mom replied (and I quote) "Oh Paul wouldn't go for that but I don't understand Danny. I thought he would be the smart one." So much for women's intuition. :p
BTW, Mom made me promise not to tell anyone (but she didn't say anything about the blog) but she asked me to pray for her. She had lost something in her room ad was just starting to look for it but it was not where she left it in the morning before going to see the inauguration. She said that she didn't want to tell me what it is as she didn't want me to worry about it or her. In the next sentence, she said it was her money.
Can I make a suggestion? We get her one of those metal boxes with a key lock and put the key on her BGT wristband which she does not seem to loose. Someone else can keep the copy. It will keep her from hiding cash and jewelry in socks, shoes, statues, etc. The box would be easier to find too. Just a thought.
Peace & love to all,
Michael
p.s. - Chinese New Year starts this weekend. Gong Xi Fa Ci Melanie and I will be in Borneo from Sunday to Tuesday, flying through Balikpapan before heading to Samarinda and sailing up the Mahakam River into Dayak territory. Don't worry, the Dayaks gave up their headhunting ways in the late 1940's. I am not sure how contactable I will be but it's worth a shot on my hand phone or e-mail if needed.
It was an awesome day in DC. Between driving down, then taking the metrorail from Glenmont and walking in downtown, we arrived at the checkpoint at 5:45. It took til 9:30 for security to open, then to get through the check point. But once I got inside the party, my toes started to thaw. We had a great 4th floor patio vantage point of the parade route, and the Obamas got out and walked basically right in front of us.
Biggest, most integrated crowds I have ever been in. All joy and fun.
There weren't any souvenor vendors so all I have are the unused commerorative train tickets and rail passes. I'll load the pictures from my camera and post or email any that were good.
Megan- An unknown good samaritan neighbor (or maybe Paul???) shovelled the front sidewalk & up to the front porch sometime on Monday. At 6 a.m. on Tuesday, I shovelled the driveway and the back sidewalk to make the place look like it had a habitant.
Stuart- I've been getting the mail at least once a week. "BGhg" is what you're looking for and it is case sensitive.
Mike- Good thought but a lock box won't do... Mom will hide and lose that as well unless it is welded, super-glued or bolted down. Unless someone else is passing her money, all she usually has is a few $'s from bingo winnings.
Would the person who left the cute little Christmas tree with red bows on Dad's grave like me to remove it to Yarmouth for use next year? I'm sure that the cemetery's caretaker will chuck it out if we don't collect it.
Mom told me on Sunday that she had no cash, not that she lost it. I offered her some but she declined. I suspect our conversation morphed in her mind to be something like having then losing money.
Thanks for the PIN, Danny. I'll try to reach you later about a few othjer things.
You can take the tree home if you want. I just haven't been to the cemetery lately. Q
Post a Comment