This is for the far-n-er sprinkles... I think all the locals heard by phone.
Sorry to say that Mom had another fainting/dropping-to-the floor episode today on the 1st floor @ BG around 1 pm. BG didn't dial 911 this time because Mom came around relatively fast and asked them to call me instead. Very sweet of her but it scared the crap out of me. BG said Mom seemed confused, a bit fidgety and was also complaining of chest discomfort. However, they seemed to feel that a family member would be able to calm her and take her GBMC rather than going by ambo.
I did the smart thing... called Saint Quinn (yes, it's your turn again for nomination). She headed there and is still there doing a superlative job, foremost because she prevented another trip to the ER. Quinn assessed Mom's medical state, got her calmed and up to bed for a nap. She'll be consulting with Dr. Lavin about this latest episode. By now, she's probably got Mom up for dinner and will pass along an update later.
I wasn't fortunate to catch Paul awake when I called him right after Quinn. If lucky, I was hoping he could hustle to BG and hold Mom's hand while Quinn was en route. He's up now and will check in on Mom tomorrow.
Peace out clan! Love, Dan
2 comments:
I know Levelle hung with a weak and woozy Mom on Sunday morning. She made sure Mom had a little something to eat (a few bites of toast and egg here and there that the kitchen had sent to her room. Lovely Levelle also arranged for Mom to have a real bath.
After Boo left I spent a couple of hours with her. She was in bed with a cold cloth on her eyes, as she near-weepily prayed the rosary. Definitely disoriented, but within the couple of hours I was there she roused in spirit and strength. We even went downstairs and took a short walk outside. Here's hoping she remembered to go downstairs for dinner.
My thanks today go to Matt and Henry who dropped me off at BG and went to Yarmouth for leaf-raking and grass-cutting. They're a couple of peaches.
They got the peaches from the tomato vines? I'm confused.
Post a Comment