Who's coming to town?
When?
Kris Krinkle? Adult? Kid? When?
Sibling Board Meeting to make plans for the house? When?
Division of furniture/goods still left at Yarmouth? When?
Our house is open to anyone who wants to stay here. We will not be eating Christmas dinner with the Smith family though. (plans aren't narrowed down for the Blanchard family, but we may be having it here so I could just add Smiths if necessary) I like the Chinese Kris Kringle for adults and the Ornament Kris Kringle for the kids. We are open for the 26th, 27th and 28th for parties. We can host parties here if needed - not a problem. I definitely think that we need to meet to make a real plan/decision concerning the house. I am working on the 23rd and the 30th but can be free any other time to meet for a board meeting/house cleaning.
Love to all - Levelle
15 comments:
We are working on our plans now, but I am virtually certain that we will be in Durham for Christmas morning. I'm up for any festivities that the family wants to pursue. Bowling is always a pleasant diversion.
Melanie & I arrive on the evening of the 18th and depart on the 30th. We have a few b eds at our house and we'll even promise to clean up the place if someone wants to stay there.
We're happy to do anything at any time.
FU
It looks like they have some testy moderators around here. So much for freedon of the press.
Well, I'd be happy to leave the topic to things related to Mom, Dad and the family. And so I apologize for both of my last two 'nuff saids."
In my defense I didn't start it.
yeah, notice how the vulgarities don't get censored?
One of the cool things about Mom's memory though is that I can tell her stuff and I don't think it will really stick but Lel, feel free to try it out. Ask her if she remembers me telling her earlier today that you are a foul-mouthed bad loser and a Baltimore traitor. It would be a good test.
Speaking of which, Mom sounded rather cheery today although confused at times. She at first thought she may have been at the game, then she said she watched in at Leland's then she corrected that to say it was somewhere else because there were a lot of Ravens fans where she saw it. She mentioned that she went to one of her daughter's houses for an early Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday because the daughter was working on Thursday or maybe had someplace else to go. She didn't think there were any plans for Thursday itself so I told her Paul could drive her down to the Turkey Bowl. Let's see how that works.
We joked the BGT has two "feedings" for lunch, rather than two "seatings". Someone needs to point out the difference to them. Restaurants have seatings. Zoos have feedings.
She told me it's getting close to a week since her last hospital visit. Does she also have access to the count-down clock?
I forget what else we talked about. Even I am starting to whistle now.
Whoa. That entry is probably headed for the memory hole also.
Okay. I've been too busy/feeling poorly the last few days. Someone call me and tell me what comments I missed. Please.
I can make room at my house for out-of-towners; just give me enough warning. My spare room/now studio space is always a cluttered mess. I do plan on mega-decorating this year, in an effort to ward off a missing-Dad kind of depression. So I'd be good with having people to see how sparkling Pennsyltucky can be.
Yeah. Stuart said "34-7 - nuff said" Then I said something like "good game". Then Leland went Phanatic and started cursing and swearing, censoring posts and threatening lawsuit for copyright infringement. At least that's my recollection.
I sit corrected. 36-7. It was even more of a blow out than I remembered. I aways did have trouble with the big numbers.
I am planning on doing an early christmas dinner for Mom, any aunt,uncle, or cousin interested in coming, and anyone else who is interested. I am also planning on doing sibling kk party here. I work on the 26th, any time before or after that is fine with me.
I also have the basement and spare room for out-of-towners. Tod's sister always stays with us on christmas eve, so one of the rooms will be taken then. Otherwise, all are welcome on a first come, first serve basis. Early reservations are encouraged! Happy Thanksgiving to all. Love, Q
BTW, I forgot to post. Neither Melanie nor I are in Mumbai or Bangkok. One of the Singaporean lawyers in our office is still stuck in the Oberoi Hotel but he is not a hostage. He is locked up in his room. Our region's managing partner is also doing the same although he is probably a little more worried. He is Aussie and Jewish. Let's not mention that outside the family yet. Several other of our lawyers from Singapore and other offices managed to get out of the hotel and are safe in a friend's house.
Oh, I almost forgot something else. Happy freaking Thanksgiving.
Looks increasingly like we will be coming up on the 26th and staying for several days. So no rush to schedule meetings, etc.
Post a Comment