Thursday, November 13, 2008

And again...third hand info for now

Mom is on her way back to the ER @ GBMC. Megan just got the call from BG is on her way there now. BG reported that they dialed 911 because Mom was clutching her chest, was sweating heavily, had a pulse rate around 200 and blood pressure so low "they couldn't get a reading" on it. When paramedics arrived, Mom told them she didn't remember anything about the chest pain. That's all I know at the moment. Megan will give me update to relay when she can.

12 comments:

Danny said...

The update just received from Megan:
GBMC administered medication to get Mom's pulse rate down. She's agitated and wants to go home (duh). She WILL be discharged back to BG within a few hours and with a heart monitor to be worn for 24 hours. She'll have a follow up visit tomorrow with a cardiologist at GBMC. Other than that, Megan says the doctor said "Blah, blah-blah-blah,blah-blah..." Then she got his OK to have her sister-the-nurse call him if she needs that translated :)
Love, Danny

Danny said...

Mom is back at BG. Megan is heading out to pick up Henry. I'm going by to visit Mom after work. Levelle is contacting Dr. Lavin & the cardiologist about the follow up appointment and will be taking Mom to that tomorrow. Th-th-th-th-that's all folks.

Stuart said...

Holy shit.

Levelle said...

Mom's Cardiologist appointment is not until December 1st. I will go tomorrow and spend the day with her and take the monitor off at 2:30. I need to return it to GBMC and then ask for them to FAX the results to the cardiologist to review before meeting Moom. Personally, from my medical perogitive, I think that these new episodes of increased heartrate, sweating and general paranoia are caused by ansiety attacks. I'm that smart :-p But it makes sense...imagine an anxiety attack and these are classic signs. Her brain may not know what it is, but it's having them. I'm voting for a new cocktail of Nemenda (for increased mental abilities and increased appetite) and Valium for peace of mind. I just don't have an Rx pad to write them up for her. Oh well, here's hoping Danny had a nice calming effect of her, She sleeps well and the monitr is still on when I get there tomorrow.

Love to all and thanks again for today Megan - Levelle

Levelle said...

yeah, bad day Stuart...

Levelle said...

skip an afternoon of checking on the blog and see what happens ;-/ .

Danny said...

Mom was in bed with all the lights out but not asleep when I arrived. I just turned on the bathroom light and sat on the edge of her bed while we talked for a good hour and a half. Though many lapses of memory occured, she remained in good spirits and was calm thoughout the evening.
Levelle, good luck tomorrow.
Megan, thanks for all you did today. Now I lay me down to sleep...ZZZZZ

Megan said...

First of all, I want to apologize to Michael. He was on the phone with Mom when I first went to BG this morning. (I was dropping off new glasses on my way to work.) Mom put me on the phone with him, he tried to tell me about his conversation with her, and I kept throwing out odd responses, to throw her off the track. She has a paranoid, uncanny ability to know when people are talking about her!

And to top off my day... I called Danny while he was with Mom, just to check in. He handed me off to Mom, who then asked how everything was with me. I filled her in on what I'd been doing (in the last hour or two since she'd seen me!). And then she said, "Did you know I went to the hospital today?" :p

"No, Mom. Really?"

Megan said...

I meant to finish that last post with a :)

Michael said...

I guess that paranoid feeling comes from the time I told her about the blog. She asked one of the staff at BGT to monitor for her and give her updates. Maybe that's why.

Michael said...

I forgot too: :p

quinn said...

Michael, I think you meant ;)

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles