Monday, July 13, 2009

The Datebooks have been found!!!

Sorry, I didn't realize I was looking for very small notebooks. They were right where Leland and Stuart said they would be...in the wine box. I'm getting a kick out of our floozy mother ;-).

Love to all - Levelle

PS Hope you got home safely Stuart and safe travels to Michael and Melanie.

21 comments:

Stuart said...

I was starting to wonder if I had imagined them in a dream or hallucination. Glad you found them. Now the other mystery that you could resolve for me is why she kept both those diaries and the larger datebook.

It was a happy moment for me when she was reading the book the other night. Maybe we need to give them to her for her room.

Danny said...

Boy, she sure did seem to enjoy reading it. Her grin was nearly ear-to-ear. The way I heard it, the date book had already been copied and Mom was given the original to take home on Saturday.

Thanks for everbody's help with packing up Yarmouth. The electric repairs should be completed not later than early next week. This week, I'll be concentrating off-work time on making the non-electric repairs and removing what's already been tagged as "trash". We should be in good shape well before 29th settlement date.

Please shoot me an e-mail of what you still have at Yarmouth or what you may be interested in that is still there. I won't start removing non-trash items until next week.

Megan said...

Unfortunately, the generosity of the residents of York County has been overwhelming, as regards the victims of the 16 houses destroyed by fire. The church and U-Store-It that were accepting donations are no longer accepting donations. I'm calling Salvation Army to pick up the furniture I've already brought home. I will call St. Vincent de Paul about whatever is left at Yarmouth, when we're done taking what we're going to take. Is anyone up for a yardsale there on Saturday?

Levelle said...

Sorry - this Saturday is not good for us. The kids have their end of season party and awards ceremony. What about the next week?

Love to all - Levelle

PS March 5 1954...Today I am a woman. Just happy to be able to drink legally or did Dad "give her a really GREAT present?!?!?"

Gilmom5 said...

EWWW

Danny said...

LALALALALALALA...

A Release of Contingencies addendum was received from the Smearmans (the buyers) and has been signed & returned. That means they've accepted the our rejection of additional chimney work and we've got a 'green light' for settlement on the 29th.

Megan said...

Wait a minute until I pull my fingers out of my eye sockets. I did NOT need to read that!

Okay, so I said that I'd call Salvation Army to pick up the furniture I've already brought to Railroad. Well, it turns out that they don't send their trucks to my little corner of f*ing Pennsyltucky! Now I'm thinking of hosting a bonfire. But I'll wait to see what ideas Matt might have.

Levelle said...

Aw Megan - I am so very sorry. What about a craigslist curb alert like Andy was going to do at Yarmouth? BTW I could do an early morning yard sale on Saturday at yarmouth. Are we listing everything for free? Do we need signs? Would next Saturday be better so that we could get notice out?

love to all - Levelle

PS I won't even mention January 13, 1952 then ;-)

Danny said...

All right, I'll bite... what's the entry for January 13, 1952? :-)

Megan said...

It would probably be best to wait until next Saturday, and to advertise it a bit. I did find out that I could take the furniture I have to my Shrewsbury Goodwill. Maybe we can get St. Vincent de Paul to pick up all the leftovers at Yarmouth after the yardsale (or instead of a yardsale?).

Danny said...

If doing a Yarmouth yard sale, can y'all please make it the after Friday the 24th? Personally, I'm uncomfortable with a yard sale but this isn't a 'no' vote, just an inherited trait. If it’s useful but unwanted by others, I'd use it or donate it to someone who will. If it’s not useful, my company's dumpster takes donations too.

Paul made a great gofer helping with Yarmouth repairs last night. The fireplace flue obstruction was removed, the flue cleaned out, flue damper repaired, hearth & ash hopper cleaned out and all put back together. The water heater flue repair is almost complete and should be finished tonight along with chimney crown and roof repairs. The trash bags we filled last weekend have been carted off from the garage.

Danny said...

Lev, what about 01/13/52??? :)

Levelle said...

LOL!!!!! I was making that up. Nothing else steamy unless "watching TV" was code word for "you know what". Although she had no problem having boys over until the wee hours of the morning when her parents were away. And we all know that nothing good ever happens after 11:00.

As for the yard sale, I really don't care either which way. A lot of what was going in those boxes were small, but usable items. They could probably go to a St. Vincent dePaul org too. I can sit at the house one day and wait for a pick up. I don't think we were doing it for money, just giving it away free.

Love to all - Levelle

Megan said...

Okay. Let's just call St. V de P. I can wait there on a Wednesday or Friday. Matt and I will come this weekend (Sunday) and gather the last of my things, and we can cut the grass, too.

Danny said...

StVdP is an honoring recipient. They apparently have a clothing bin at the York/Stevenson Chevron station. I don't know if they pick up but their Clothing & Furniture Bank info is 410-276-3277, 6 N Central Ave, http://vincentbaltimore.org .
Electricity will be off at 627 for about 2 hours this morn'. Contractor began work yesterday and should be done today. Last night, the chimney's flashing was resealed and its entire crown refaced with Top&Bond concrete. Didn't get to finishing water heater flue work so until I do, it’s a cold shower if you’re visiting. Only front porch column replacement and clearing out the place will remain after that.
LTA, Danny

Stuart said...

Y'all are my heroes for getting all of this done.

quinn said...

I second Stuart! Thanks especially Danny - for the all the labor and handling the sale and finances. Yoou rock.
Love, Q

quinn said...

Sorry for the typo and BTW, I will be going over to Yarmouth tomorrow. I'll start some scrubbing and moving more stuff out.
Thanks again. LTA, Q

Megan said...

Danny, what's your schedule for the weekend. Matt can be available for the porch column fix and any other thing. And don't forget that door/door frame in the basement-- the kids' growth charts. We'll just call you.

Megan

Levelle said...

We'll be there on Sunday to pick up the boxes that are mine and the left-over dining room furniture. Jamie can help out all afternoon if you need him.

Ditto on Stuart and Quinn - Thanks Danny and Megan for all you have done to take care of this house stuff.

Love to all - Levelle

quinn said...

Sorry. Change of plans for me. I will be there on Sunday and during the week as necessary. Todays (Saturdays) schedule is filling up.
ttyl, Q

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles