I spent a good part of Monday trying to find some charitable institution to pickup the remaining furniture and boxes of housewares, etc., from Yarmouth. Salvation Army and American Rescue Workers had no openings for pick-ups until mid-August. Purple Heart no longer picks up furniture at all. They will come get the boxes of goods on Thursday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. We don't have to be there as long as the boxes are marked for them and on the porch by 7 a.m.
On Wednesday evening, I'm going to meet Matt at Yarmouth when he gets off work. We'll take the remaining furniture (two sofas, coatrack, bedroom rugs, etc.) to Goodwill or Salvation Army. I think I know which items go, and which items are inherited items yet to be taken to your homes. (I'll call someone if I'm not sure.)
One question for you Stuart. Is it worth unpacking and photographing/listing all the items I've already boxed, for tax deduction purposes, I mean?
4 comments:
Jamie will be there tonight also. He and a friend are going over to pick up all of our stuff. He can help with the loading and unloading of the donation items too.
Thanks again - love to all - Levelle
I'll be there tonight as well
Don't worry about the documentation requirements for charitable donations unless you want to claim it on your own filing (or any other sibling).
Mom no longer has the need. In fact, Mom no longer has to pay any taxes. (I'm assuming that her medical deduction will always exceed her SS and pension income, plus earning on taxable investments.)
Don't worry about the documentation requirements for charitable donations unless you want to claim it on your own filing (or any other sibling).
Mom no longer has the need. In fact, Mom no longer has to pay any taxes. (I'm assuming that her medical deduction will always exceed her SS and pension income, plus earning on taxable investments.)
Post a Comment