Megan and I had a great idea. We could buy St Mary's convent and that could be our little commune. It's a great building with a cool courtyard and chapel on site. The nuns could stay, we'd move Mom in.
The school build could also be put to good use as an artists co-op. Probably create a job or 2 for any family member who is job hunting.
Sounds like win-win-win to me!
10 comments:
How much?
I did NOT say anything about nuns staying!
Stuart, any chance you can come up this weekend? With all the money you're saving not going to the St. Mary's auction, we could throw you one heck of a birthday party. Really, I'm sorry to have missed your birthday bash. But my duties were in Syracuse.
Hee, Hee...she said duty!
We are thinking about coming up late Saturday for the Sunday Mass and picnic. No party necessary. Somber weekend and all.
Can we get a realtor to give us a tour of the school. I always wanted an indoor basketball court.
Yeah, how much? I call dibbs on Sr Annina's room.
Stuart...you guys are welcome to crash here. If you come up earlier on Saturday - we'll be at the pool!
Love to all - see you Saturday - Levelle
PS I love the convent and courtyard. I think it would be an awesome investment. I just don't have any money for it ;-)
I can't imagine the parish or archdiocese has made any plans yet. How about turning the school into an art-related B&B? A classroom could be a bedroom/studio. The cloakroom could be a bathroom. Some classrooms could be rented as permanent studio space. There could be community art events. It would be good if we could find a way to include the Caroline Center into the business plan. FYI, the Caroline Center is a career training center for underprivileged, but deserving women, run by an SSND faction. Maybe they could branch out into hospitality training, and their students train at our B&B. I'm pretty sure they already train women in catering careers.
Of course, any plan would have to include basketball.
Just remember that those classrooms are probably not quite as big as you remember them I know it took me five minutes to walk from the back to the front of Sr Ernestus' room when she caught me eating candy but I think it was not fully because of the distance.
Trudy... we need you... to write a business plan :)
Post a Comment