Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bids4Kids again, and other news

I sent a check in today, to reserve a table for the May 30th Bids 4 Kids Dinner and Auction. I hope a lot of you (at least 6 of you) are still planning on coming.

I spent a couple of hours with Mom yesterday. When I arrived she was frantically searching for missing money (So, what else is new?) Luckily, I found it right away, wrapped in two layers of nylon footies. Once that was settled, we had a nice visit including a long walk. I decided that every time I go, I'm going to be prepared... I'll have a stash of ones wrapped in kleenex in my pocket that I will conveniently find in an obscure spot in her room. Once it's found, Mom can relax and enjoy herself (as much as possible). Anyhow, I got her clipped and plucked, and she's ready for Sunday visitors.

I plan on bringing whatever summer clothes of hers that I have. Quinn and Levelle, do you have any at your houses? It's time to take her wooly things to the dry cleaners!

Leland (my kid) got word yesterday that she was accepted into a one-year graduate program (in Social Media) at Birmingham City University in Birmingham, England! I think we're excited about this. (?)

8 comments:

Stuart said...

All cool news. Maybe Michael will reply. Haven't heard from him in a while.

Michael said...

Sure, I'll reply. I looked through my room and could not find any of Mom's money. I also don't have any of her summer clothes. I would love to be there for the St. Mary's Bid4Kids bash but I can not get out of work now. How much do you think a couple of 10 year olds will go fo if they are good at cleaning the house?

We were orginally planning to be in the US at the end of this month but that didn't work out. The firm is going through a rough patch (as is almost every company in the world) and it would be good for me to be here at least through the finacial year end (30 June). Right now, I am aiming to be in the US from 2-13 July but that is still not 100% certain. I'm getting a new boss from London on 1 July but he'll just have to find the toilet and pantry on his own for a couple of weeks.

Despite the fact that I always seems to be travelling (per Alex), I just did my second dive trip of the year over last weekend. I do, however (and happily) have 3 more weekend trips planned before the end of June. I still think I should have been born with gills.

Hey Stuart / Megan / Boo, have one of you spoken to Michael McGarvey lately? He is a facebook friend and I never knew he is what you might call a right-wing zealot (but I put that mildly). He would make Rush Limbaugh, and even maybe Jamie, cringe at the rhetoric he puts out. I'm betting he is president of the MMM (Maryland Mountain Militia) and has a bomb shelter in his basement. Spooky.

Levelle said...

Count me in Megan. I'd love to come and watch Stuart spend money. ;-) Did Melanie (cousin) ever contact you. I know she's interested in attending and was hoping to get Joseph to come also.

As for clothes...I don't have any of her summer clothes. I took the winter stuff that is missing, but I don't know if it will make it back to her in the fall since most of it is skanky from overuse and underwashing. :-0 I bought her some summer clothes, but she is still in need of some pants. I know that JC Penney has her style (elastic) so I can try there.

I think I won't be able to stay too long on Sunday, so I will drop by for mass and stay a while. (too many kids, too little time) Perhaps I'll take a visit day next week and bathe her...we'll see.

Okay, that's it for me...it's been s l o w on here recently. Congrats (?) Leland. I know she's excited, what about you Megan?!?

Love to all - Levelle

Gilmom5 said...

Road trip to Birmingham! Woo Hoo - polish up your passports girls!

Jim and I will be there for the St Mary's fun.

Stuart said...

Anybody want me to drop off my kids for a few days next weekend? They're good for light housework, pet-sitting, nice conversation, etc. (I could fly them to Singapore, if necessary, but they don't scuba dive.)

Michael said...

Send them to singapore. I'm diving but Melanie is staying home. I haven't checked with her but I am sure she won't mind.

Megan said...

I'd be happy to help watch the kids if they were staying at, say, Levelle's house. I'd have to do a LOT of work at my house to make them comfortable here. My house is wall-to-wall "stuff" now that Leland is home from school. Of course, your kids probably wouldn't care, so if Levelle can't have them, we can work something out here.

Stuart said...

My kids have never been bothered by lots of stuff, so they would have done fine. Turns out though that my camping trip is in SC this year, so tonight they got an invite to stay the weekend at the beach in SC with their other cousins. Crisis averted. Time for that side to bond. Thanks for the offers and all. See you at the auction (I hope).

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles