Sunday, April 19, 2009

How about Susan Boyle! She is amazing!

Nice visit with Mom. We left her with Danny who was going to take her to hear some bagpipers(?) that were practicing in a nearby parking lot.
LTA,
Q

6 comments:

Danny said...

Mom seemed to thoroughly enjoy the road trip today with Paul, the chauffeur, and I, the tour guide.

First stop was for about 45 minutes at the private school adjoining Elkridge C.C. where a bagpipe/drum marching band was practicing. We strolled the grounds a bit and then sat on the curb just soaking in the music and the spring air. Mom would have been content to stay longer but we were out for a double-header day.

We next headed south to Sherwood Gardens in Guilford. We spent nearly an hour strolling the grounds. There must have been at least a hundred other folks enjoying the gardens, a community bake sale, tulips and trees near full blossom, soft grass, warm breezes. Not surprisingly, Mom's favorite part was making small talk with the infants and wee l'il ones we'd meet along the way.

The it was home again, home again jiggidy jig by 4PM. She was in bright spirits when we parted for the day.

Megan said...

Thank you, Danny and Paul. I'm glad she had a great day out. I'll get down to see her this week, since I'll be out of town this weekend.

Here's a cool thing: My kid, Leland, recently started a social media blog. (Social Media is the direction she's taking her magazine journalism degree. She's even applying to a one-year grad school program in England. (Contributions may be sent through LookyWhatICanDo.com)) Anyhow...

The other day she posted a blog about the recent Dominos Pizza Scandal. Here's the cool thing, If you were to google Dominos Pizza scandal, her posting shows up as about the ninth entry. She's already had a few hundred hits. So if you want to read her thoughts on the subject, or find links to the actual scandal, check it out.

Stuart said...

I just tried that web site and and the url is non-functional. Maybe we should get that going for hosting photos and video. Sounds like Jim gets some choice opprtunities at his place.

Levelle said...

Thanks Danny and Paul. Sounds like you all had fun. No offense, but I really think Mom only likes you two now anyhow, so I will leave all future outings to you two. :-) . BTW Megan, if you stop in this week, feel free to suggest a shower. ;-O . I will try and remember my hair cutting scissors this Sunday to provide the haircut that she requested last week. I just hope she has some toothpaste I can can use to comb her hair out first.
Love to all - Levelle

Michael said...

no no no.

Leland's website is http://www.crossthatroad.com/2009/04/what-not-to-do-dominos-pizza-scandal.html not LookyAtWhatICanDo.com

Megan said...

Sorry. I made up the lookywhaticando website, though it would be a catchy name for a site through which I can sell some crafts. Hmmmm...

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles