Well, I guess Danny doesn't have any house news to share. So I thought I'd bring up Easter again. I've been cleaning and de-cluttering... a massive chore at my house. But I'll be ready for Easter lunch, on Saturday, at 12:30. Can I get a body count from y'all? I left a message and sent an e-mail to Uncle Larry. Do any of you have cousin Julie's phone number? She didn't reply to my e-mail, so I'm not sure if she got it. Quinn and I invited Melmarie. I'll try to get hold of Paul to see if he could bring her with Mom. I also plan on inviting Aunt Ditty, so this could be really interesting.
I'll have ham and chicken salad, rolls and bread, candy, chips and salsa, pita chips and hummus, candy, cheese and crackers, and candy. Anybody wanna bring a side dish? Or sodas? I can get beer, as well as grenadine and cherries for Shirley Temples. Am I forgetting anything else? Levelle, I know you mentioned you could bring egg salad made from your stash of dyed eggs, but don't you need them for Sunday?
12 comments:
Six Blanchards will be coming on Saturday. I have 4 dozen dyed easter eggs. (I guess it harps back to the days when we each got to dye 3 eggs. I'm letting my children dye all the eggs I never got too ) Sooo...I can spare some for Saturday too. ;-) Would you prefer egg salad or devilled eggs? How about pasta salad? cornbread casserole? chicken caesar salad? Just let me know.
Love to all - Levelle
PS I know I have Julie's number at home but I won't be home until late tonight. If I don't call you, please call me. Thx
How about deviled eggs? Bring the dyed eggshells and I'll set the kids up making mosaics for fun. If you could bring pasta too, that would be great. Thanks. And I did a reverse lookup to get Julie's phone number. What a handy tool that is.
Jim's working and we are supposed to be lectors at 5PM Mass. Maybe I'll get him to do that by himself and I'll come down. I'll let you know and see what I can bring.
Lel
I'm coming in on Monday, with Shane and Rory. Save us some leftovers, please.
3 eggs??? I only ever got to dye two each year. Even then, they had to be one solid color until I was something like 12.
I was going to bring a dip of some kind and shrimp macaroni salad. Levelle, unless you are "dye"ing to bring a pasta salad, I'll take care of it. Let me know. Are you sure you don't need a dessert,too Megan?
BTW- I did ask Paul to pick up Mom and Melmarie. He said he would be delighted. ;-) Megan, you might want to give both ladies a reminder call that morning. Neither seemed to sure about what we were speaking. Hopefully, Mom will also take it as a cue to shower, as well. Did you get Julie, Megan? I know she screens calls if she doesn't recognize the number. If you need me to, I will call her.
Ta-ta for now,
Q
I wish I could quiz mom on her buttercream egg recipe. It is NOT working for me.
Quinn, unless you have a special Eastery dessert recipe, I think I'm covered. I have 4 different cakes/pies in the freezer. Buying them was a fundraiser for the band boosters. (Trust me, they're delicious.)
Ok, I'm on for devilled eggs and I'll make the cornbread casserole because I think it's yummy. I've got lots of sodas too if you still need soda.
Love to all - Levelle
PS Stuart, you're welcome to stay here. I'll be at work next week, but Jamie will be around.
Thanks Levelle.
Are the kids on spring-break by any chance?
Stuart, mine are off today and tomorrow and then next M-W for Spring Break. Kevin has a field trip that Jamie is taking them all to on Wednesday but other than that, they will be around Monday and Tuesday.
That's great. I was worried we be distracting from their academic endeavors.
I be accidentally ironic.
Post a Comment