Monday, December 29, 2008

Yarmouth Day

Today I lied to Mom about being in Yarmouth but it was for her own good, so I am told.

Today we took our things on The List out from Yarmouth. The house looked almost like Mom & Dad left it before we started. It looks a lot different now.

Today we shared shots of Dad's last batch of vegetable soup. It tasted even better than normal.

Today I said goodbye to Alex and Mom yet again. Just like every time in the past, it broke my heart. Is there a patron saint of Alzheimer’s patients? I pray that they let Mom recognize me the next time I see her.

Today I cried too many times.

7 comments:

Stuart said...

We have a nice family. Made a sad day entirely bearable, and very memorable.

Megan said...

I saved my shot glass of vegetable soup. I wasn't ready to finish the last batch, so it's stowed safely in my freezer. Maybe down the road we can share it again with another toast to Dad. Bring your own 1/2 teaspoon.

Levelle said...

Perhaps Leland would be willing to share a bite of the lemon cookie she saved too. Yesterday was quite a day. I hope that all you travellers have arrived safely home. Take care and know that Mom is in good hands...Brighton Gardens, locals, God...witha special Guardian Angel watching over her too.

Take care - Love to all - Levelle

Michael said...

Hong Kong's new airport has wireless. This proves too things. I made it this far and HK is as at least as advanced as Panera's parking lot.

Michael said...

Hmmmm.... we got bumped up to business class for the trip from Hong Kong to Singapore. We had seats that could be extended perfectly flat as beds. I wish it had been on the 15 hour Chicago to HK segment though.

We've arrived safe and sound and celebrated New Year while waiting for our luggage. Yee haa.

Happy New Year everyone.

Michael said...

...and "two" is also spelled as "too" by many other intellectuals.

Michael said...

I bet no one is watching this game in a stranger location than I am. I'm in an outdoor food court at 4:15am, trying to explain the game to the few soccer fans leftover from the ManU match. I am also ignoring the transvestite hookers hanging around looking for johns. Good thing my name is Michael.:p

Go Ravens!

Peace. Out.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles