Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New plans from Stuart

Stuart just called and talked to Jim. He and Trudy and the kids will be in Baltimore on the 26 for the weekend now.

See you all soon!
Lel

13 comments:

Danny said...

If we're gathering for Kris Kringle the weekend after Christmas, can we make it any time on Sunday the 28th? I've got a packed schedule the 26th & 27th with Bob, Kimberley, Ang & my Grandboys in town...plus Lisa's big 5-0 B'day.

Stuart said...

What else is going on? Fun at Yarmouth?

Megan said...

Stuart, how late can you stay around on Sunday? Or are you staying longer?

Stuart said...

I'd imagine we'll stay til Monday or Tuesday.

Danny said...

Yarmouth is looking a bit more in the spirit of the season. There are now candles in all the windows (Megan,no need to keep moving a lamp) and the first floor is tidier. I might get a chance to further spruce up the outside later today.
Hey Mikey! Have you safely touched down in B'more?

Michael said...

It took a bit to get here with our luggage but we made it. We're on the way to mom's now. Fingers crossed.

Levelle said...

So uh...Bob, Kimberly, Angie etc didn't want to include us in on the party?!? Just kidding!

We're free from the 26th on with the exception of the afternoon of the 27th.

Love to all - Merry Christmas!!!
Levelle

PS welcome home Michael and Melanie!!!

Megan said...

I was with Mom and Mrs. Ellis this morning when Michael called to say they were going to go get breakfast and then would be over in time for Mass. She was so dang excited she immediately started to strip off her clothes to get dressed up to go. It was all I could do to get her to slow down and say goodbye to her guest. "Here's your hat, Mrs. Ellis. What's your hurry." (Mrs. Ellis was amused.) After that I had to stick around until M & M arrived, to keep Mom from crawling out of her skin in anticipation.

Levelle said...

So how did your day with Mom go Michael?

Michael said...

First, I seriously need access to a local phone and internet connection. How do I get into Yarmouth? We're thinking of moving into there. Besides, I am sure that house has been cleaned since early July. Posting fron a Blackberry while sneezing from the dust doesn't cut it.

Mom was good today but we had a laugh when she started talking about the new ladies in the home. Two "really should not be there because they forget too many things and are easily confused. They need to be in a home where they can be watched closer and don't take so much of the staff's attention away from the rest of the residents.". There is another lady "who is just a real floozy." Mom thinks this new one is sleeping around already and the stupid men are tripping over themselves trying to get close to her. I must admit, if I was 80 and single in there, so would I.

We went to mass and lunch at the motherhouse and had agreat time although we might not do it again soon. We got to talk to Sr Jane Francis and listen to all her great stories about Boo crying in her office every day. Funny, the things you remember 34 years later. Good news, Mom could not remember what her fight with Aunt Melmarie was about so she was nice to her almost the whole time. Actually, Aunt Melmarie sounded as bad as Mom memory-wise.

More good news, we did some shopping for Mom so she is no longer drying out her tissues overnight to use the next day. Also, against better judgement, we also got her a small calendar to write appointments on and fret over.

Who wants to visit us at Dunkirk and have a little spring cleaning party?

Megan said...

Hey, Michael. I would have thought Paul would have your house sparkling by the time you got home.

Call my cell, when you can -- 443.250.7184 -- and I can answer some of your other questions.

quinn said...

HI Michael and Melanie! Sorry, I've been a little under the weather otherwise I would have been there to help clean. I do have a local cell phone for you to use. I can come by this evening and drop it off. Call if you can to let me know if you will be around. You can always call from Moms. She is pretty reliable with paying her bills.

Levelle said...

I'm pretty sure Megan's cell phone number is 443-250-7186 not 7184. So if you can't reach her on the original number she posted, try this.

BTW mine is 410-935-0107
Love - Levelle

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles