Sunday, December 7, 2008

Left Mom in Good Hands

I stopped by for a quick visit on my way home. Mom was in really good form today. She looked fine (dressed in blue wool slacks, a white turtle neck and a turquoise cardigan - all buttoned up!). Her hair even looked nice today (thanks, Levelle)
I didn't want to disturb her while she ate lunch but she and her table mates were sitting and chatting for so long after the desserts were finished that I finally interrupted. She and I had a nice visit, during which she was being very clear in her communication. Michael, she really is looking forward to your visit.
She locked and unlocked her door twice during my visit, and told me about the man across the hall helping her in the morning by just reminding her to turn the key to the left. She worked the elevator perfectly.
When she walked me to the front door, we met and chatted with that cute, tall man with a walker. He really is sweet and I swear Mom was flirting. He said he was heading into the coffee room because they were just about to start a discussion about Pearl Harbor. I said to Mom, "You should go to that." She replied, "I'm waiting for you to leave!" I can take a hint.
Although it would have been fun to stay and hear first person accounts of Pearl Harbor times.
See you all soon,
Lel

4 comments:

Megan said...

Don't tell me no one reads these blogs any more. Helloo. Anyone out there?

Michael said...

Yes, I read them religiously. I just didn't want to jinx anything by posting since Mom seems to be doing better lately. I think she is timing the resurgence to coincide with my trip but I am not sure why yet.

Michael said...

BTW, I carry a Blackberry with me most of the time to get e-mails and there is a way to get e-mail updates of all posts and comments instantly. I don't usually go to the blog page itself unless I want to post something but I see your messages as soon as you leave them 24/10 (I'd have said 24/7 but the Skins got a lucky field goal). In the customization settings, you can add your own e-mail address to get them too.

Also, congratulations to the impressive Eagles for winning a big game. For once.

Stuart said...

I only check for new comments or posts about 6 times a day. I must be getting slack.

I am trying to keep my calendar free for next week to be able to be in Baltimore to "help" when Mom has her procedure. I'm counting on this blog to give me as much notice as possible.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles