Tuesday, December 16, 2008

How did the doctor visit go yesterday?

Thought I'd start a thread for a change. Any word?

13 comments:

Gilmom5 said...

I'm sure Quinn will post, but I talked to her last night. She and Mom really liked the doctor. Surgery is planned for Jan 7. Mom will be in surgery for 1.5 hours, then in recovery for 4 hours, then she can go home. She has to have bed rest for a day or 2, then back to light activity for a few weeks (which is her normal level of activity). Small percentage of these cases require a second procedure. Even smaller percent of cases require a pacemaker. Doctor said it is just lucky she hasn't had another episode because the level of medication she is taking isn't high enough to control problem, And, he said, she couldn't tolerate a higher level of meds because of her low BP.

Maybe Quinn doesn't have to post later if I got it right :)

TTYL,
Lel

quinn said...

Thank you. That was pretty good. The only difference is that it will be bedrest for the rest of that day, then light (a.k.a.- her usual)activity. Sorry, I didn't post, I have been a little busy.
Michael, Mom would really like if you could stay until this procedure is over ;)

Danny said...

I had a couple of visits yesterday with Mom. She remembers her procedure as being scheduled for Jan. 9th... and one of her daughters also having a "procedure" done that will require 3 days bed rest after. Now which one of you lucky girls is that?

Stuart said...

I'll try to be there on the 7th to help out, or at least to be concerned.

By the way, my family is coming to Baltimore on the 21st (Sunday) and we will return to NC on the 24th.
Board meeting at Yarmouth?

Gilmom5 said...

Is that the only time you'll be in Baltimore over the holidays Stuart?

Stuart said...

Probably not back until the 6th for the procedure.

We need to be in Atlanta for a while also and it worked best for Rhett (she is going to a friends house in GA on the 30th)if we went there after Xmas. Then we were going to be at the beach for NewYears and then Trudy and I are going someplace for our 10th anniversary on Jan 2 and 3.

Levelle said...

Crap! My house is a mess!!! I thought you weren't coming until the 26th! I'll do my best ;-) I guess we'll have to re-schedule the Kris Kringle.

Stuart said...

Did we already have things scheduled?

Michael said...

uh oh.

Michael said...

I had told Mom that you were coming up on the 26th, Stuart. I hope she does't remember that I said that.

Megan said...

I'd like to volunteer for a procedure that will require 3 days of bed rest! I can't think of anything I'd rather have than 3 days of bed rest. Can I choose a haircut as my procedure? Maybe with highlights?

quinn said...

I'll do your highlights, Megan! It could be revenge- uh, I mean thanks for the perms you used to give me ;).
I won't be around on the 21st and I work on Tuesday and Weds. other than those days I'm up for anything.

Stuart said...

Hang on to a schedule change for a second. Let me see if I can fly Rhett where she needs to go.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles