Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Happy 21st Birthday to Shannon and Leland. Thank God they both have the good sense to celebrate in a very restrained fashion.

My visit with Mom today was not bad. Only a few tears were shed as she struggled to express whatever thoughts vanished before she could come up with the words. And I had to work hard to convince her that, yes, she was going to be one of Dr. Lavin's privileged few patients. She wasn't satisfied until she urged me to call Quinn to make sure. Thanks for answering your phone, Quinn. Mom was so happy when I left, she must have hugged me four times on the way out. She was then overjoyed to find that Bingo was just starting. (It was by then 5 p.m. I hope she stopped playing long enough to have dinner.) Tomorrow, of course, is another day. It remains to be seen if she will still remember about Lavin.

One thing did have me totally confused when she was telling me about the doctor visit. She kept insisting that a Lavin had a woman in the office who had lots of good quality clothes that she was selling or giving away. There were several things that Mom was interested in, but she didn't have any money and left without them. She hopes Quinn got them. Anybody have a clue what she's referring to?

And do any of you know of any plans Mom has for Friday. I offered to take her for a country drive to Emmitsburg, and she liked the idea.

8 comments:

Megan said...

BTW- Paul called not long after I left. He arrived at Mom's right after I left, and called to verify what Mom was telling him. He politely, but quickly passed on her invitation to stay for bingo. He apparently had enough of bingo last week. I think the ladies there like him.

Stuart said...

I worked with Mom to re-schedule all of her Friday meetings, so she is free for that trip to Emmittsburg.

Michael said...

awesome work Stuart. I'm impressed that you can do that from Durham.

Levelle said...

Helloooooo..you forgot to check with me Stuart!!! I am her Friday appointment! I usually visit on friday mornings right after I drop the kids off at school and stay until she leaves for mass. (I pray on my way home ;-) ) Would you take her in the morning? I could maybe visit later with the kids or just visit on Sat morning instead. Just let me know.

Thanks - Levelle

Stuart said...

Sorry Levelle. Mom must have forgotten to synch her blackberry again.

Megan said...

BTW (again) Mrs. Fallon called me today to see if it was okay if she and Sally (Seifert?) take Mom to lunch on Monday. I told her to go for it, if they can get Mom to go along. She often resists going anywhere other than church.

Michael said...

Why doesn't Mom just invite them up for raisin bread & lemonade? I think she also has some fudge and dynamo cookies for dessert. Check the fridge.

I'm on my last dive trip of the season this weekend. Pray for Mom, the Ravens and visits from mantas and/or whale sharks.

hmmmmm..... Phillies or Rays....? I'm just happy it won't be Boston (I hope)

Stuart said...

As soon as Michael writes that about the Red Sox they come back from a 7-0 deficit! Thanks.

BTW, the Rays are the major league affliiate of the Triple A Durham Bulls.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles