It's funny to talk with her and see what she remembers. Her recount of the Emmitsburg trip with Megan on Friday were sketchy and different from reality. She hangs on to some things like a steel trap, but forgets other things instantly. I think I blog so the world will remember that I visited, because Mom might not by tomorrow. But she's so happy in the moment to have some company, that it's fun to be with her. She told me that her friends have been wonderful about visiting, too, in addition to all of you local sibs.
Few notes:
- I bought Mom new reading glasses (pink wire frames, +2.25) but I'm not sure they are the right strength. She lost hers and therefore doesn't know what day it is because she can't read the paper without glasses. On the next treasure hunt through her room, be sure to look for her real glasses. Toss out any lemonade you find.
- Mom was having a hard time finding one-dollar bills for Bingo. I didn't go through her wallet - maybe she has a bunch. Or maybe a bank run is necessary?
- I used Quinn's advice and let Mom be the one to operate the elevator even if it took a few seconds for her to remember to push the button until a light comes on. Hopefully she's not getting stuck in the elevator too much.
- House plans? I don't want the locals to have to deal with that all winter. Everybody should start thinking about what to do with their part of the legacy. During Michael's visit home at Christmas we should defintely take the time to divide up the unassigned stuff. Quinn, don't you know a local kid we could pay to take care of the yard and shoveling? Any other ideas for renting it out?
Take care all, TTYL
Lel
8 comments:
I heard about this local kid named Paul. He might could do it. (I'm starting to type in a Southern accent.)
Does Paul have accesss to the house these days? Did we want him to?
Regarding Mom's money... When I left her on Friday she had lots of ones. We went to McDonald's for lunch, her treat because she had recently won the big bingo jackpot- $24! She spent $5 at lunch, I kept $5 to buy her halloween candy for the kids who visit on the 31st, and I left her with $14, all in dollar bills.
And if it helps at all, Leland (daughter) said she'd love to stay at Yarmouth when she's home for xmas. She'll be working her internship in Hunt Valley again, so it would be slightly more convenient for her. But do we want a pugly dog living in the house? (He is housebroken.) Of course, when I tell her there is no cable TV, she might not be so interested.
I'm an idiot.
It looks like the Sox have it wrapped up. They will probably be in the World Series again.
(that better work)
It worked. It was 1-0 Boston when I left that last message. Does anyone need help for the World Series? :p
Good work on Boston. Now I need you to congratulate New England Patriots for beating Denver. I got something on it.
On man, that's a gimme. The Patriots should easily win this one. They are already up by 13-0. It should be 42-0 by the end of the game.
Actually close - NE won 41-7. That bad pick dropped me into a 3-way tie for first in my weekly office pool. But the tie-breaker was total points in the MNF game, and I picked 48. About time I got lucky in that pool.
Post a Comment