I've got a wedding to go to Saturday evening (though I wish I could use this as an excuse not to go). You wouldn't go giving stuff out without me there, would you :)?
Just as an observance for those of you who haven't seen Mom in a while... The Gnomes are out! This is good news, I think. Mom seems to be settling in. It's been a few weeks since we've found boxes or pillowcases packed with her belongings. And the treasured gnomes are now out on display, instead of being wrapped and hidden in the closet, where they'd been safe from thievery/gnomenapping.
I really think we should wait and make it an event - I love what Matt's family did on one house clearing occasion: round robin take turns picking what you want. But everyone who wants to be there should be there. Michael any interest? I definitely want some of the lesser things so I can use them and remember. Probably want to take some stuff for the kids, too. I could come Saturday, but if we can't all be there, let's wait til we can. When are you getting to Yarmouth/Baltimore? -Lel
That's insane. JMHO She doesn't mention Yarmouth at all and like Megan said, she really sees BGT as her home.
I'm available on Sunday, but I think we should wait for everyone too.
BTW, there is no more scrapple. In fact there is no more of most of the food. Jamie and I cleared out the fridge/cabinets a few weeks ago. There is still a bunch of food in the freezers though (dad's soup included).
Last I heard, Saturday forecast called for lots of rain. Otherwise, I'd suggest a day of weeding and trimming. I've been keeping the lawn mowed, but cringe when I look at the growing weeds. Maybe another day.
My problem is that I've never been able to tell what a weed is on that slope. We don't want a bare hill, do we? I'll spray the rest of the weeds today or after the rain.
I can be around on Saturday. The earlier the better for me. I may have a line on a possible renter. A friend of mine from work (she happens to live on Register Ave.)has a sister and brother-in-law who moved to MD from FL. Since she has been here, she has had some tough times with health problems- knee surgery, revised knee surgery, abdominal surgey, etc. (None at Mercy BTW) The sister is not currently working, her husband is and they have been renting an apt in Harford County. My friend Debbie would love to have them live closer. Debbie is VERY responsible, I don't know anything else about her sister. I gather they probably can't afford too high a rent. Do you atleast want me to pursue this with Debbie? I casually mentioned it to her a while ago.
11 comments:
I've got a wedding to go to Saturday evening (though I wish I could use this as an excuse not to go). You wouldn't go giving stuff out without me there, would you :)?
Just as an observance for those of you who haven't seen Mom in a while... The Gnomes are out! This is good news, I think. Mom seems to be settling in. It's been a few weeks since we've found boxes or pillowcases packed with her belongings. And the treasured gnomes are now out on display, instead of being wrapped and hidden in the closet, where they'd been safe from thievery/gnomenapping.
I really think we should wait and make it an event - I love what Matt's family did on one house clearing occasion: round robin take turns picking what you want. But everyone who wants to be there should be there. Michael any interest? I definitely want some of the lesser things so I can use them and remember. Probably want to take some stuff for the kids, too. I could come Saturday, but if we can't all be there, let's wait til we can.
When are you getting to Yarmouth/Baltimore?
-Lel
I was thinking of coming up tomorrow mid-day so I can clean up Mom's account at BGT and figure out what to do with her health plan.
Since I'll have the truck, I could move things.
I'm easy about it any which way.
Tough question: Is anyone thinking of ever taking Mom there for a visit or is that insane?
That's insane. JMHO She doesn't mention Yarmouth at all and like Megan said, she really sees BGT as her home.
I'm available on Sunday, but I think we should wait for everyone too.
BTW, there is no more scrapple. In fact there is no more of most of the food. Jamie and I cleared out the fridge/cabinets a few weeks ago. There is still a bunch of food in the freezers though (dad's soup included).
Love, Levelle
Okay on the food then. I'll pack a cooler.
Last I heard, Saturday forecast called for lots of rain. Otherwise, I'd suggest a day of weeding and trimming. I've been keeping the lawn mowed, but cringe when I look at the growing weeds. Maybe another day.
My problem is that I've never been able to tell what a weed is on that slope. We don't want a bare hill, do we? I'll spray the rest of the weeds today or after the rain.
I'll be down today, Stuart. Probably stay at Yarmouth, too. See you there (is there a key under the you-know-what?)
-Lel
I can be around on Saturday. The earlier the better for me. I may have a line on a possible renter. A friend of mine from work (she happens to live on Register Ave.)has a sister and brother-in-law who moved to MD from FL. Since she has been here, she has had some tough times with health problems- knee surgery, revised knee surgery, abdominal surgey, etc. (None at Mercy BTW) The sister is not currently working, her husband is and they have been renting an apt in Harford County. My friend Debbie would love to have them live closer. Debbie is VERY responsible, I don't know anything else about her sister. I gather they probably can't afford too high a rent. Do you atleast want me to pursue this with Debbie? I casually mentioned it to her a while ago.
See you at Yarmouth on Saturday a.m.
Post a Comment