I think it was a big one so my guess in 1969, their 15th anniversary. I don't think I was yet in high school when we did this as we could only afford pretzels and chips for food.
I bet my kids don't remember the date of my anniversary - I really fell down on the "giving Mom gifts" training. You all still have time - work hard on this skill.
It wouldn't surprise me if someone else mentions it to mom, like Aunt Melmarie or one of her friends. Anyone going to have a chance to drop in on her today? Wish I were there.
she's going out to lunch with her friends today. I don't think they planned it for her anniversary - just a bridge club lunch. I'm pretty sure the date doesn't click with her. I was with her when she wrote it on her calendar and she didn't even flinch when she wrote it. She was looking forward to the lunch as of yesterday. we'll see how it goes today.
she's also going to meet the doctor at BGT today to see if she likes him. she was discussing with Quinn yesterday that she was not happy with Dr. Lavin and shat he is doing to his practice. If she seems to like this Dr., I think we should all promote that idea. It would cut down on a lot of confusion (ie med prescriptions) and he comes to BGT every week. He sees his patients every three months and then as needed. His Physician's Assistant is in every day. All of this would lessen the strain on Quinn's medical expertise. TM2C
I just spoke with Mom two bowls of cereal ago. She seems pretty confused. She sounded fine when listening to me and asking good questions and saying the appropriate things but when I asked if the doctors had figured out why she had fainted, she could not put a phrase together. She did think she was seeing the doctor later today which surprised me until Boo's post. She also knew someone was picking her up to go somewhere for lunch, maybe to Lake Roland and she thought it was someone from the bridge club.
Unfortunately it sounded like someone sent flowers today and they had trouble delivering them. Maybe they went to 627? At any rate, they called and it confused the heck out of Mom. She could not explain anything more than that and that the operator at BGT was helpless. They have one?
Also, she knew the Ravens were blowing the game the other night the minute she saw Dad's face. She told him to stop watching the game as the Ravens will always break your heart. I don't know; I think they did pretty well.
7 comments:
wonder if mom will remember. no sense in reminding her if she doesn't. it will just make her sad.
Lucky them though! 53 1/2 wonderful years!!!
We should all be so lucky
Love to all - Levelle
PS they were lucky to have such wonderful children too ;-)
I'm not sure we were ever forgiven for that. :p
I think it was a big one so my guess in 1969, their 15th anniversary. I don't think I was yet in high school when we did this as we could only afford pretzels and chips for food.
What must their friends have thought?
I bet my kids don't remember the date of my anniversary - I really fell down on the "giving Mom gifts" training. You all still have time - work hard on this skill.
It wouldn't surprise me if someone else mentions it to mom, like Aunt Melmarie or one of her friends. Anyone going to have a chance to drop in on her today? Wish I were there.
she's going out to lunch with her friends today. I don't think they planned it for her anniversary - just a bridge club lunch. I'm pretty sure the date doesn't click with her. I was with her when she wrote it on her calendar and she didn't even flinch when she wrote it. She was looking forward to the lunch as of yesterday. we'll see how it goes today.
she's also going to meet the doctor at BGT today to see if she likes him. she was discussing with Quinn yesterday that she was not happy with Dr. Lavin and shat he is doing to his practice. If she seems to like this Dr., I think we should all promote that idea. It would cut down on a lot of confusion (ie med prescriptions) and he comes to BGT every week. He sees his patients every three months and then as needed. His Physician's Assistant is in every day. All of this would lessen the strain on Quinn's medical expertise. TM2C
love to all - Levelle
TM2C = That's my 2 cents?
I just spoke with Mom two bowls of cereal ago. She seems pretty confused. She sounded fine when listening to me and asking good questions and saying the appropriate things but when I asked if the doctors had figured out why she had fainted, she could not put a phrase together. She did think she was seeing the doctor later today which surprised me until Boo's post. She also knew someone was picking her up to go somewhere for lunch, maybe to Lake Roland and she thought it was someone from the bridge club.
Unfortunately it sounded like someone sent flowers today and they had trouble delivering them. Maybe they went to 627? At any rate, they called and it confused the heck out of Mom. She could not explain anything more than that and that the operator at BGT was helpless. They have one?
Also, she knew the Ravens were blowing the game the other night the minute she saw Dad's face. She told him to stop watching the game as the Ravens will always break your heart. I don't know; I think they did pretty well.
Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad.
Post a Comment