Seems like Mom is getting weaker and weaker - to the point that the folks at Arden Courts thought she could have had a stroke earlier this week. She is in varying states of ability depending on the day and even time of day. Some days she is stooped over and can barely walk, and other days she does OK. I think on Monday, Danny had to feed her her whole dinner.
Quinn and Levelle went over yesterday morning to get the scoop. Dr. Carles will evaluate Mom to assess need for hospice care. Maybe her nutritional intake is causing some of this (that's my medical opinion). But I just don't know how much food is getting into her body. I imagine help from a hospice nurse would greatly improve that at least.
TGFQMLD,
Lel
13 comments:
Thank God for Quinn, Michael, Levelle & Danny?
:D
and P
and Megan. My house is open for anyone who wants to stay here over Easter.
Oh wait. Was Megan the original M? I was wondering what I had done to deserve such thanks (other than avoiding getting Mom upset).
Wow. Just for the record, and I am sure that you all know this and have come to grips with it, the assessment for hospice will hinge on their professional judgment as to whether or not mom has less than six months to live.
That makes me really sad. I need to come by more. I know that there isn’t anything I can do, but I’d sure like to hold her hand. I’m real sorry that I haven’t been there to help. I had no idea she was changing so quickly.
Is there anything else going on with her condition?
It is my understanding that hospice care can simple mean someone coming in two or three days a week for a few hours. They'd get her up, cleaned up, well-fed, and evaluate/tend to her physical needs. Certainly, the other days we locals can spend more time there. (Speaking for myself, anyway. I don't have a paying job yet.)
I imagine Quinn has talked to Dr. Charles by now. What's the news, Q?
Love, M
Simply
Hospice care can be at home or in a hospital inpatient unit or in a hospice facility, but either way you only qualify if the assessment says six months or less. It would be about making that time as pleasant as possible.
They haven't decided that hospice care is needed yet, right? Has the assessment been done?
Don't know. I'll call Quinn tomorrow and post something afterwards.
Oh lovely! I just got text from Megan. She & Mom & Mom's NEW 3 stitches are back from St. Joseph's Hospital. Mom fell with a glass in her hand and gashed the base of her thumb. Megan says Mom will be fine. As for herself, Megan says she needs vodka.
Quinn was working so I didn't speak to her. Todd said that she was puzzled by the sketchy diagnosis b the nurses re a stroke. Guess we'll wait to hear what the docs say.
FYI Mom fell again today and Danny went over to wait with her as they were going to do an in-house x-ray of her hip and legs. I don't know what the results were, but he did text that they were walking to the dining room at 4:30 for dinner and she didn't seem bothered by any injuries. I'm guessing that we're not too far off from being wheelchair bound. She simply is losing the ability to put one foot in front of the other as well as getting in or out of chairs/bed. sad!
Post a Comment