Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter

Okay, I know Quinn posted an invitation to Easter Brunch/Lunch in her last comment, but there's been a change of plans and we (The Blanchards) are going to have it now. We'll have an Open House Buffet starting at 12:30. So come when you can and stay as long as you like.

LTA - Levelle

PS Stuart, you're coming up on Thursday and staying through Sunday? You all are welcome to stay here. Just let us know!

7 comments:

Dan said...

Thanks, Levelle & Quinn. My clan, including the Lookabills, will be at the Blanchard's Sunday afternoon.

I did make contact with St. Mary's about how to get Dad moved. Back in June '09, we purchased Niche #1, Good Shepherd columbarium (the one on the right side when facing the altar). Apparently, there are a few levels of folks to go through and I'm waiting for a call back with procedures. I wouldn't plan on the move occuring this week but will get back to you if I hear otherwise. Anybody interested in witnessing the actual move or should I just get it done and advise when it's been accomplished?

LTA - Danny

Levelle said...

I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but why not just wait for Mom? Dad's not complaining about where he is now and wouldn't it be sweet to lay them to rest together in one ceremony celebrating their love for one another? Just my thoughts - LTA - Levelle

Michael said...

I'm fine with that but if we did it, I'd like to mark Dad's grave in the meantime. That was my main reason for hoping he'd be moved.

Dan said...

I'll explore that possibility as well. I'm sure that the cemetery caretaker can locate the spot for us (Marian Section, Southwest, plot H-1) and we can keep track of it as we were doing.
For actual marking, it may need to be a more permanent type marker with prior approval by the cemetery commission. Maybe we could get a blank marker placed and affix "available for sub-lease soon" signage ;~)

Michael said...

I like that idea. I'm not worried that we won't find him when the movers arrive. I just don't like saying prayers over a general grass area. Also, other folk go around that section and say prayers at the graves of all the old gang. I don't want them missing Dad. How much does a small headstone cost? And does any anticipate a need for a unique doorstop in a few year's time?

Megan said...

I, for one, am weird enough to want to claim that future doorstop. Does it have to say something common (GVS - born 4/13/30, died 5/31/08) or can it say something more like "GVS Sprinkler location"?

As for Easter, I can bring scones and anything else you might want.

As for hosting out-of-towners, my house is ridiculously thick with clutter and several extra large pieces of furniture (from Matt's Uncle Rene Gunning's house). Matt and Henry are gone this week and I'm trying to make a dent in the clutter. They are returning Saturday night, bringing home two twin air mattresses. With that in mind, anyone is welcome who doesn't mind the mess.

Stuart said...

looks like we will be coming up from NC on Friday morning and staying til Monday morning. So we look forward to the Sunday get-together.

As for accommodations, whoever can squeeze us in would be appreciated. We hate imposing, and don't mind moving around if need be. And we'll work for mattress or floor space.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles