Hey Megan / Danny, by chance, did you go see this show:
http://www.slimman.com/live.html
Live
Monday, March 28, 2011 6PM
A Big Slim Man Solo Show in Baltimore, Maryland!
We’re calling it a Spring Fling
La Scala
1012 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
410 783 9209
www.lascaladining.com
Mr. Man is doing a Solo Show at La Scala! It’s a benefit for the children at Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital, and admission is free. But you gotta bring a little something for the kids at the hospital from the list below!
La Scala is a great little Italian restaurant in Little Italy, run by our friend, Nino. The food is delicioso, they’ve got a great wine list, and the Christmas show we did there in December was more fun than a barrel of money. Well, maybe not...
Hit Man Howie Z will be playing bongos. And Slim Man will be doing a little singing, a little bass-playing, and some ivory-tickling. Come on down, have some fun, and support a great cause. Cheers!
_______________________________________
Sorry if I am late with the news. I just figured out who Slim Man is (while looking at his former band's MTV video on YouTube.
11 comments:
Nah, I missed it. But viewing the "Slim Man" website, Tim seems to have cleaned up pretty well ;~)
I missed it, too. But the last time I heard Tim "Camp"-- after he was a Campineski and before he was Slim Man-- he definitely had a Michael Bolton thing going on, what with all the middle aged ladies in the audience swooning. Now that I'm a middle aged woman, I don't think I would like it any better.
Now, Howard Zizzy I would have liked to heard.
Who the hell is that guy? Was he from Jerry's or something?
Not to hijack a Slime Man thread or anything, but I just wanted to let you know (Danny anyway) that I spoke with Mike Havlik of MetLife today to begin the transition of Mom's account to one that will start paying bills soon. Sometime in teh next few months we can visit him and finalize details.
Any more thoughts on moving Dad to his new apartment? I can come up either Easter weekend, or the on before. That week is spring break for the kids.
He was the lead singer of one of the greatest rock bands of all time named Bootcamp. If fact, they were in the top three of Rolling Stones' list of great bands named Bootcamp. I think he was a Jerry's bar rat but for some reason, I remember meeting him in front of 401.
And I'd be thrilled if Dad moved to a condo soon.
Thanks. I just did a digital tour of 80s Baltimore music. Man, the things I missed when I left for colege and to follow the Dead.
You Tube had some Bootcamp, some Crack the Sky and the Ravyns. The latter was the Barleyjuice singer's old band. I'll be seeing them tomorrow in Raleigh, and now I can give him some grief for that Hall and Oates hairdo he used to have. Fun stuff.
I meant "college" and yes I learned how to spell ther. Just not how to type.
I meant there.
Thanks all for the nostalgic musical trip down Small-timore Lane. The I-net thread links brought out memories from WAY back in the old noggin.
Thanks for touching base with Havlik, Stuart. Like I said earlier, my schedule is flexible enough to mesh with whatever yours and Mike's can accommodate.
I'll make it a priority today and tomorrow to get on with arranging Dad's move. Hopefully by this weekend or early next week, I can reply with plan details.
The Campineski family lived in the 300 block of Rosebank. Tim is a friend of Damien's and other of the older Strotts. I think he was a Jerry's regular until his band started playing in other venues around Smaltimore and other cities. I know Matt and I went to hear them in Long Island once.
That's very cool. Glad someone from the neighborhood made good. Must be nice to have a whole career from performing. I can appreciate that even if it isn't my kind of music.
Post a Comment