The book is called "Hearts Away, Bombs Away" and was written by Vincent de Paul Gisriel, Jr. It is the story of Lt. & Mrs. Vincent de Paul Gisriel, Sr. (Dad's cousin). It details VdeP's military service during WWII and the love (with his wife, Martha) that got him through it, and it includes excerpts from the letters they wrote each other.
4 comments:
Thanks for notice. I'll have to check it out. What library branch did you find it and were you looking for it or just happened to see it?
Is anyone else going to Julie's birthday party Saturday?
Didn't I post something about the Sunpapers review of this book a while back? Am I loosing it or is Megan?
For anyone not in Quinn's phone text loop this morning...
Mom took another bad fall out of bed early this morning. Quinn met her at St. Joe's and was with her while she got stitches. Ambo is taking her back to AC when done.
We'll be visiting her later.
Happy St. Patrick's Day :~}
I'm 'downy oshun' with the Strott sisters this weekend. Please send my regards to Julie. I did RSVP to Ben.
I got the book from the Baltimore County library. If you have an account there (which now costs us PA residents $50/year (and worth every penny)), you can reserve it and have it sent to any branch. I can just try to read mine quickly and pass it on to you if no other patron is waiting for it. I did originally read about this in the Sunpaper, at Michael's suggestion. It just took a long time for it to be my turn for the library copy.
Post a Comment