Jim's dad passed away this morning. He's been in a nursing home for about a year and struggling with respiratory problems recently. We've spent a lot of time out there with him, but even seeing him every week, this was a surprising. He seemed like he was rallying Thursday when we saw him last. He would have been 87 this December.
Edith, his wife, lives in the nursing home, too. She's got some memory/dementia issues, but is pretty healthy otherwise. Maybe she could share a room with Mom?
Funeral will be sometime next week, more details to follow. Does anyone know how to play a bagpipe - he wanted one at his graveside.
Keep us all in your prayers as you always do :)
Love,
Lel
4 comments:
I'm very sorry to hear that. Try http://www.google.com.sg/m/place?oe=UTF-8&client=safari&q=Philadelphia+bagpipe&hl=en&latlng=6190282782883183677&cid=6190282782883183677&bl=/m/search?oe%3DUTF-8%26client%3Dsafari%26q%3DPhiladelphia%2Bbagpipe%26hl%3Den&ei=xZW3TNieCI3U7AOd-rRC&ved=0CBEQnQIwAQ
I do a pretty good "Amazing Grace" on the harmonica. But I guess that won't do, huh?
Funeral plans:
Thusday, Oct 21 at 11 am. Viewing at 10 am. Burial immediately following
Please don't feel obligated to come! But if anyone is coming, please plan to stay for lunch (or longer - just let me know so I can clean :))
Helweg Funeral Home
463 Old York Road P.O. Box 90 Jenkintown, PA 19046
Lel, Please pass along Lisa's and my sincerest condolences to Jim and his family. Although we won't be able to make it up tomorrow, we'll definitely keep you all in our prayers.
Post a Comment