Friday, August 6, 2010

We're off to O.C. !

But I did have a nice visit with Mom on Thursday. She was much more coherent than she had been last week when I visited although I am pretty sure that she had no idea who I was. She looked clean and smelled clean. Her room smelled very potently of floral chemicals and there was a big mop in her bathroom. (I'm assuming that there was another flood, but I didn't ask.) We "chatted" for a little while and I told her that I was going away. After a nice little walk around BG looking at decorations, we went back to the neighborhood for lunch. When I told her that I had to get home to the kiddies, she looked sad but made a face with the question on her tongue, "when are you..."? I thought that was pretty good! She remembered that I was going away. (or at least that's what I'm going to think anyway). So, all in all, a good visit where Mom seemed calm and relaxed.

Love to all and I'll see you at Quinn's next Saturday - Levelle

8 comments:

Gilmom5 said...

I'm glad you are finally getting a well-deserved vacation. No one owrks harder than you. How will they survive at JH without you for a week?

Megan said...

In case you wanted to know, Mom's nextdoor (at BG) neighbor, Gus, died. You'll remember him as the moaner and banger. RIP, Gus.

Michael said...

RIP Gus, but, no offense, now Mom can rest and have peace too.

I've updated my Ladakh thread (or will shortly)....

Stuart said...

We are coming up tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get up in time to take mom to Gus's funeral. I know she doesn't get to those as freqeuntly as she used to.
We'll be trying to spend some time with Mom, maybe including the luau, then going to Barleyjuice.
Saturday we'll be our only chance to see the Os as we need to get back early Sunday since school starts on Monday. yeah.
I know the Dannys and the Quinns are delivering kids to colleges. Anyone else around?

Megan said...

We Strotts will be around. We have a marching band preview night at Henry's HS on Thursday. We'll be respecting the barley in Belvedere Square on Friday night. I'm not sure, but I think Gus' memorial service was on Tuesday, at the mother house. But maybe someone else will have died and there will be another service to go to on Thursday.

Michael said...

Sorry, we're still in India. Have you gotten the updates?

Megan said...

Where would I find these updates, Michael? I'm not on Facebook. Will I have to wait for the slide show? I did get the good word that you weren't swept away in a mudslide. How awful for those who were!

Michael said...

Everything is on Facebook so bug one of your kids to see the best bits. I have also put some info as a comment on the "Don't tell Mom but..." thread on this blog. Photos will have to wait until I get to Singapore to sort out. So far, I have taken more than 2,000!! As best I can tell, one of them is even National Geographic quality. 1,999 are rubbish.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles