Saturday, August 28, 2010

Things I learned yesterday...

1st- I should make time to check in with y'all more often, if only for the wit and laughs.
Sorry it's been so long sibs.

2nd- The help call I got from Paul on Friday and responded to was for frigging PRE-SCHOOL.
I guess I'd have figured that out if Scmary had called me instead of Megan. Then again, I have caller ID and probably wouldn't have answered or would've hung up on her. I agree with those of you I talked with yesterday. IF there is a legal agreement between Paul & Scmary, we may want to try and help him, or help him help himself in meeting his part of the deal. Quinn and/or I will try to tactfully discover if one does exist. IF one does NOT exist, I say tell Scmary to pound sand if she calls us again. She's got pretty big balls for not having a ~~~~.

3rd- Paul's been doing without a car for at least a couple of months now.
I imagine that job hunting on a bike has to be juuuust a bit more challenging. Anybody know what's up with his car?

9 comments:

Danny said...

"yesterday" refers to Saturday, 8/28, when I started to post. Now it's Sunday

Danny said...

Mom was in fine spirits yesterday evening and was talked into going out for dinner. She and I headed to Jerry's Belvedere. Brother Paul was there having stopped on his trek back home from Harwood Ave (more on that below).
Paul brought up the subject of Scmary and divulged that NO legal agreement exists between them. He says he told her on Friday to expect no further assistance until he is employed again. He said she threatened to get a lawyer and also wasn't pleased that I'd made out the assistance check directly to Cathedral School. Apparently, she had already 'floated' a check to the school.
Uncle Larry had enlisted Paul's help in driving him to and from the hospital for an outpatient procedure on his prostate that required anesthesia. Long story, but he's back home resting now.

Gilmom5 said...

Paul should get a lawyer himself. Is there legal aid for these kinds of matters? Mary should get child support and if it was legally mandated, she could stop harassing everyone. And then she could spend the money as she wants - on expensive private schools, or something more reasonable, whatever - it would be her choice.
Maybe with a court order, Paul could see Christian regularly.

Michael said...

Agreed, Paul probably should get some advice from a lawyer but he likely needs to be careful. A court order for a set amount doesn't care if you are unemployed. I hope he gets that (a) job first. Then again, I also hope Christian makes it to first grade before he starts shaving and that Scamary learns some budgeting concepts.

Michael said...

BTW, I just had a lovely video chat with Levelle's kids on skype. It seems as though they are the only relatives I have that are ever on line.

Megan said...

Michael, regarding the book you sent... Thanks for the great read. It was a compelling look at sort of what Mom is (and we are) going through. But even more, it's a look at life through Matt's mother's eyes. She has the same sort of non-Alzheimers memory issues. I only wish that Mom wasn't losing her communication skills. (Or perhaps we're losing our listening/understanding skills). Not to give anything away, but, you'll get a chuckle about Uncle Ralph, too. I'm going to Levelle's tomorrow. I'll leave the book there for her to read and pass on.

And maybe I'll set up Skype here on my Mac. I just hate being on camera.

Stuart said...

Thanks for getting that info on Scmary.

Under Md Family Law at http://www.dhr.state.md.us/csea/help.htm

Paul would owe at least a minimum payment ($20 to $150 per month) and more likely one calculated based on Potential Income which would be argued in court. My guess is around $300 per month until employed.

I wonder how that compares to the verbal agreement that they must have had.

quinn said...

According to Paul, he had been paying in the neighborhood of $650-$700 per month- essentially covering tuition cost. I have talked to him several times (to no avail) about going to the courthouse where, during certain hours, they can get free legal advice. They would then have to file all of the paperwork themselves. He is so anti-establishment/authority that he would rather let her pull all the strings than sign a legal document.

Megan said...

... which makes me ambivalent about wanting to help someone who does nothing (not enough, anyway) to help himself. If this means that Christian doesn't go to Cathedral School, well, sorry about that. But the available public school is an excellent alternative in this case.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles