Thursday, August 26, 2010

A present is on the way....

Hey Megan, I just bought a book on Amazon.com and sent it to you. Don't worry; it's not your Kris Kringle present - I still have to stop off in Saudi to pick that up. It's a cool book about a guy whose.....

Actually, why don't I let it be a surprise. It is quick reading (I think - lots of pictures) so pass it on to one of other sprinkles after you read it. Keep it going round as I want to see it in November or December. Peace to all. BTW, photos from Leh are up on Facebook so bug one of your kids to see them.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it seeing it. I love surprises. Some surprises...

I got a lousy surprise today, a call from Scary Mary. (Is mine the only phone number she has?) Anyhow, she is desperately seeking money, I believe. She tries to sound worried about Paul. She filled me in on his unemployment status (he just had a second interview for a Lowes store), his lack of phone service (proven not true when Gilmom called him earlier this evening, and the fact that he hasn't given her any child support since May.

In summary, S.M. pleaded that we should come together as a family to support Paul, which will ultimately benefit our nephew. She went on and on, layering on the guilt, God...faith...praying for us at 9:15 Mass every Sunday. She mentioned Christian's starting school next week and that she's had to buy used uniforms. I wish I had thought to mention that Henry and I found some great deals at Salvation Army this week, their clothes are half price on Wednesdays.

We argued a bit about the merits of Cathedral tuition versus the decent public school district she lives in. I didn't suggest she use Paul's address to send Christian to the Blue Ribbon award-winning Rodgers Forge Elementary (finest in the state, I believe).

I told her I would pass on her request. She really doesn't want this to get back to Paul. She's worried about his mental health (and the gun that Christian said he saw under the sofa cushion). I, for one, wouldn't mind making sure that Paul ate decent meals, for instance. But I do have problems with his lack of motivation to find a job while he was making a fine living off the government. I do not, however, want to help her send Christian to Cathedral School. I wasn't able to do that for my own kids, which is why we moved to a decent public school district.

Any thoughts?

Michael said...

Wow. I would do what Paul does and get caller ID. Screening calls should help avoid her. Paul should get a job though and be helping with reasonable costs but Mary should know that you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. If she wanted to send her kids to private schools and country clubs, she should have had booty calls with Tiger Woods instead of Paul. Alternatively, she could have knitted Paul a scarf for 'that' birthday instead. Oops. That was mean of me.

Levelle said...

Micheal...I just about peed myself with your response! BTW Do you think that lions cheat? cause they don't, but a tiger would!

I'm all for feeding Paul, but am sitting here wondering how we are going to pay for Catholic school for our own kids. I'll be dag-goned if I'm a gonna help pay the price of his booty call...uh, I mean birthday present. I do like the idea of using the Dunkirk address for the public school....an I mean for my own kids ;-). I could put the telephone and electricity in my name and pay for them just to get my kids into Towson Sr. High....Hmmmm...good idea.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles