Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Skype

Not to push Mom off the top of the list but seriously, no one uses Skype? Free and easy to download the program. Free and easy video calls. Free and easy computer to computer calls. Cheap and easy calls from computer to any land line or mobile ($0.021 per minute from Singapore to the US). Whoever I get for Kris Kringle is getting a webcam. You just need a computer with broadband internet connection.

Happy almost birthday Mom. BTW, she still does not answer the phone even if I call from a computer but at least now I can try calling more often since she is a click away from where I usually sit at night.

5 comments:

Stuart said...

Pennsylvania kids get webcams free from the lonely public school administrators. So I'll take the Xmas webcam.

(Google "Lower Merion" if you need the background on the PA story.)

quinn said...

Sounded easy until I got to the broadband blah, blah, blah. First, I would have to figure out what that is, then whether or not we have it. Maybe by Christmas.

Michael said...

Was I the only one in our family born in the Internet age?? Quinn, you have broadband (cable Internet with a decently large enough bandwidth / download speed). I don't know if you have unlimited downloads though or are close to your limit if there is one. I don't know if you have a microphone either. Maybe we should get Levelle to take Aidan around to everyone's house to install it for them. BTW, you will all want Skype to keep in touch with kids away at college.

Gilmom5 said...

I sent my kids to college to get away from them. Not sure what you're talking about...

Megan said...

We actually did get a webcam and loaded skype onto the computer so that we could talk to Leland in England. See how well that worked out? I'll try to figure out how to hook up the webcam again, though I hate it. I like being behind the camera.

When I am hooked up, you can reach me at magpie.strott, and Leland is leland.strott

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles