I know most of you were around a lot for the weekend, but just to fill in the blanks for all...
Quinn and I went to see Mom on Satruday morning. She was mad when we got there because she was in the movie room watching a movie with a group. The aide wouldn't take her back up to the floor or let her leave. Not sure how they got her down there, but Quinn is going to make sure they aren't "insisting" on activities that she really doesn't like. After a few tears we convinced her to have her hair styled (washed - thank you again Quinn!) While her hair was being dried, Uncle Jim showed up. He took us all the Roalnd Park Deli for lunch. We all had a really nice time, talking about funny stories from when they were kids. Mom was almost articulate. Stuart and Trudy and the kids were at BG when we got back, so we also had a good visit with them in the Popcorn room. Only issue of the whole day was that Mom wanted to follow us out as we were leaving, which set off the alarm.
The St Mary's reunion was really a blast on Saturday evening!
On Sunday, Stuart and Trudy took mom to St Mary's for Mass and reception. She was enjoying that so much that Stuart ran his family back to Levelle's for the football game and returned to pick up mom. They came back to Levelles's for a long time, with mom really enjoying herself. I gave her a ride home around 5PM. I was worried about the late hour and/or her willingness to return to her new room. But she was fine. I walked her all the way to the room, even though she wanted me to drop her off. She didn't even try to follow me to the car.
All in all, a good weekend for mom and me :) Hope you all had fun, too. See everyone in a few days,
Lel
6 comments:
BTW, Uncle Jim is going to take mom to Mass, either Saturday (11/14) or Sunday (11/15). Because on Sunday he is also taking her to lunch with Jim/Betty O'Conor, Emily and Howard Garrett. He told Mom about it and said he would call the day before to confirm.
I can go on Saturday to "freshen her up"...unless you're dying to do it Quinn ;-).
BTW I talked to Mrs. Spurrier this evening. She had already heard from Mrs. Lawrence. I cleared up a few misconceptions and reminded her that Mom can still do all of the same things, she just needs someone with her to keep an eye on her. She will try to time her visits to include mass, but she has a pretty busy schedule so I'm not sure that would always happen.
The reunion was a blast and Quinn was the "Bell of the Ball". Michael, if you miss seeing St. Mary's, you can always go down and visit Stuart and Trudy, I think they pretty much bought everything that wasn't bolted down (and a few things that were ;-) )
Love to all - Levelle
PS I am having Thanksgiving dinner here around 3:00ish. Anyone want to come?
The St. Mary's reunion was fun; too much draft beer, but I think I still behaved. And since I'm in clutter busting mode I only came home with a statue of St. Mary (missing her halo and the back of her head, but I think I can fix that).
Thanks for hosting Thanksgiving, Levelle. I'll bring anything you like (even turkey!) -- we can figure that out later.
Just as a heads-up to you holiday shoppers... Henry's choir will be selling the huge selection of giftcards that they've offered the last few years. So if you think you need any gift cards for those on your gift lists, we have them available from all the major retailers. They cost no more than you'd pay for them in stores, but somehow the choir gets a nice cut from the retailer. I'll bring the order forms to Thanksgiving or other get-togethers. Orders are due December 1st and will be available December 15th.
LTA-- Megan
Levelle, Melanie and I were hoping to host Thanksgiving this year but if you really insist, we would be delighted to go to your house instead. We were only going to be able to do pizza anyway but.... let us know what we should bring. We're better at champagne than turkey but we'll look at anything as a challenge.
I am bummed that I missed the reunion but maybe we'll have to visit Stuart to get a taste of St. Mary's. How did the offer on the school go?
I have not been able to get a hold of Mom for a few weeks now. Does she still have phone privileges or does someone have to hold the phone up to her ear? I usually call between 8:00am and 11:00am but never get an answer. I miss Dad's answering machine.
Today is Melanie's CPF birthday!! Happy birthday Luv!! The CPF birthday is special for all family and friends because this is the one when she can collect all the money she has ever put into the Singapore version of Social Security. It is traditional in Singapore that the birthday person uses this money to treat everyone to at least dinner. Having said that, the rules were changed a few years ago so you can't take everything out immediately. Also, most of it was already pledged for the house anyway so there is precious little left. McDonalds anyone?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MELANIE! And I'm okay with McDonalds for Thanksgiving dinner, if Melanie wants to treat. It is the people gathered, not the food, that makes Thanksgiving special.
(Okay, get your fingers out of your throats, everyone.)
We're up for Thanksgiving. Probably in on Wednesday through early Sunday morning. Football game for sure. Anything else going on? Since Leland and her peeps aren't coming to town until Friday night, I assume that Kris Kringle is Saturday, yes?
BTW, we only took froim St. Mary's some library books, wall clocks, pencil sharpeners and a trash can. I had a cloak room locker out of the wall before I remembered that I didn't have my truck.
Conversations with some of the old folks at the Subday anniversary Mass confirm that the Smith, Strotts and McDonalds tied for best turnout at the reunion with seven grads each. Congrats.
Post a Comment