Jim's mom passed away this morning. She would have been 85 on Saturday. Recently she's been suffering with lymphoma, which she couldn't conquer.
Keep us all in your prayers. No funeral or anything being planned - she didn't want anything like that. We're trying to talk Cliff into a big party sometime soon. I'll keep you posted.
Have a scotch and toast Dottie!
Love, Lel
If you want to send Cliff a card:
301 N Lafayette Ave
Ventnor Coty NJ 08406
8 comments:
Dad will be happy to see her. May they party in peace.
Love to you all, Megan and family
Jamie and I will have a Whiskey Sour in her honor. You know that was my last memory of her. We were finishing up a weekend of visiting you and their house in Longport. When we said that we were going to hit the road, she insisted that we couldn't leave...she had all of these lemons and was going to have "Whiskey Sour Night". Unfortunately we weren't able to stay. But always remember, when life gives you lemons...make whiskey sours ;-) .
Take care and Love to all - Levelle
Sorry to hear this. I hope Jim and Cliff, and you, are well. We will do a candle down here for her, and see you in a few weeks.
Jim & Lel - We are so very sorry for your loss. I have the fondest memories of Dottie's treating me like family whenever I visited you all at the beach.
Melanie - Belatedly, Happy Birthday!
All- Mom's phone service transfer to new room will occur sometime on Monday, 11/16. I'll call Uncle Jim tonight to alert him to just touch base with "rememberence" manager before he goes to get her this weekend.
ps - I haven't had a cig since Sunday...I'm gonna make it ;~)
Yay, Danny!!
Keep it up. Put all your unused cigarette money in a jar and you'll have enough to get to Ireland in no time.
We're sorry to hear this Lel. Dottie was a wonderful lady.
And now I know why I have net been able to get through to Mom for aso long. Her phone is still disconnected. Anyone know when it will be hooked up? We're flying on Wednesday night and Thursday your time. I hope Paul knows as Mom usually gives him the heads up.
Mike, Latest word from Verizon is that Mom's new Room #230 phone service should be connected not later than 5PM EST today (Tuesday, 11/17). I'm heading there to check it on the way home.
Have a safe trip.
Post a Comment