Thursday, October 1, 2009

2 things: Leland and Anniversary

I don't mean to bump Michael's blog below - be sure to read it and respond

I just talked to Lel on-line. Sounds like she's doing great! Here's her address:
Birmingham City University
Hobbs House
Flat 3 Room 3
Oscott Gardens
Perry Barr
Birmingham
B42 2SU
UK

I'm going to send Mom flowers from all of us for tomorrow. Just "We love you" in case she remembers the date and because we do :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I spent some time with Mom (and Mrs. Rafferty) on Friday morning. I don't know if Mrs. R. had discussed her anniversary before I arrived. I didn't bring up the date; she was already spitting mad about not hearing ONE WORD from one of her children since she can't remember when. (I'm not allowed to say who; suffice it to say that she is quite wrong and I couldn't quite convince her of that.)

Thanks for posting Lel's address, Leland. I'm not quite sure how it fits on an envelope. But if you're sending her any mail, you'd better send it express. She wants to come home, though I hope I've convinced her to finish the first term. The program could use some beefing up. This is the first year a postgraduate degree has been offered in Social Media. If I got the story right, there are two courses the first term, two the second, and one the third term (during which you write your thesis). It just seems that for the financial investment a student makes, BCU should be maximizing the course load. If you have any words of encouragement or advice for Leland, please share. (Pssst. I think she tunes in here on occasion.)

Megan said...

Mom received a wedding invitation to Suzi Cunningham's wedding (daughter of Ann G. and Bruce Cunningham, granddaughter of Uncle Jim). Ann would love it if one of us girls could be Mom's date and bring her to the wedding. It is at the Belvedere Hotel in November (I forget the date.) Mom told me yesterday that she doesn't want to go. Her attitude, of course, could change with the wind. But unless one of you girls (Levelle) wants to commit to getting her there, I'll RSVP that Mom would rather not. An invitation to a wedding reception at the Belvedere isn't something you can just play by ear.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles