I stopped by Mom's today to see if I could help her "tidy up" before her big lunch date with her siblings. She was dressed nicely and her hair didn't look horrible...so I decided not to ruin her day and make her take a shower :-O. Sorry. She had already had a visit from Mrs. Seifert and a phone call from Uncle Jim. While I was there, Michael and Megan called and Mom seemed exasperated by having to answer the phone. She was a bit nervous about the time because she didn't want to miss mass. Otherwise...she was happy with our flowers. Weird thing though, the florist must have run out of ink because several of our names were left off of the card. Don't worry...I fixed it. Now Mom knows how much we ALL love her and wanted her to enjoy some beautiful spring flowers ;-).
Love to all - Levelle
13 comments:
Thanks for fixing the flower gift card. I hate when the florist screws it up :)
yeah, well I was surprised to hear that you were there yesterday, Megan, keeping an eye on Kevin. Mom kept saying "Megan is here with Kevin. Megan, Kevin is swinging on the whatchyamacallit. Go to Megan, Kevin".
I'd bet that was me that meant as having called, not Uncle Jim. She rushed to get me off the phone at 9:30 because someone was knocking at the door.
Mom did have a lot of visitors yesterday. Gerry Fallon, Sally Seifert, Janet Ellis, Mrs Strott, Mrs Leonard, Mrs Lawrence and other friends...also Uncles Jim & Bob, Catherine, Aunt Melmarie, the hybrid Levelle-Megan, l'il Kevin and Mom's 'Fav' Paul.
As requested, Uncles Jim and Bob backed up the party line and gave Mom the 'thumbs down' when she brought up the subject of 'independent living'. She wasn't happy about this and responded "My children told you to say that" according to Paul last night. Paul also told me that when he left Mom, she was distraught and bawling that she wasn't going to leave her bed, wouldn't eat any more nor accept further "medical procedures".
I don't reckon we'll try to take Mom out to J. Patrick's Pub on Sunday because the ceili is from 4:30 to 8:30. However, I would like to try taking her the following Sunday to the St. Pat's Day Parade which kicks off at 2:00PM.
She can tantrum like a champ. Bet she was a handful as a toddler.
She has TOLD me recently that she was 'a spoiled child' :)
On that note... God help us that we should all go before Levelle! I can't go through this again. ;)
Bitch! I wasn't that bad....okay so I was. Lucky you that I am soooooo much younger than you. ;-)
Love to all except Quinn (just kidding)- Levelle
PS Like a typical 5yo, she was probably overly tired and overly stimulated yesterday, hence the big meltdown.
fur flying
Maybe it will Sunday...the Fav is due to deliver proof that 'it' was taken care of today.
'It?'
And are you sure the parade is a good idea? I'd suggest making sure you have fairly easy access to your car, in case she has another 'overstimulation meltdown.'
So will we just meet at BG on Sunday? I could invite you all to my house in Whitemarsh, as a change of scenery.
Maybe I am too optimistic about taking Mom to the parade. I broached the subject with her last weekend and told her we could see how she feels that day. I'd like it to be her call and am willing to tackle the logistical difficulties if she wants to go. If there's a good time to be had and a memory to be made, grasp it I say. Those opportunities with her are fleeting now.
I'll be at BG by noon unless I hear of another plan. If the weather stays like today and Mom's willing, maybe taking a long walk would be nice.
See you about noon. I'm bringing Leland, who's home for spring break and schedule to have her wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow, poor thing.
Post a Comment