Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Let's start a new post...

Recently I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed (or at least filled to the brim) with my life. What with actually having to go in to work FOUR days a week (even if two end at 2:00), added to my full time volunteer schedule, added to meetings, added to taxiing to sports activities, added to cooking, added to cleaning (sometimes), added to the general duties (he, he, he... I said duty) of raising four children with a husband who's job takes him away for the good portion of every week. It's in these moments of chaos that I find myself thinking...."I wonder what Mom is doing right now." That usually puts me in my place ;-).

That's it...just a little quip to start a new thread.

Love to all - Levelle

PS Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing about my life. Well except for the traveling husband part!

9 comments:

Megan said...

And you make it look all so effortless, though I know better. But now everytime I feel overwhelmed, I should think of you.

Stuart said...

When you "wonder what Mom is doing right now" do you think, "Sure would be nice if she was here baking and helping to take care of the kids?" I'm certain she would like to help.

She looked good yesterday when I popped in on her. She didn't seem messy and only had on one shirt and one sweater as far as I could tell. And she only brought up her prison situation a few times in the thirty minutes before Mrs. Fallon and Mrs. Voelkel can in.

She is still pissed at the kids who attacked her a few months ago and left her injured, but she won't press charges.

Michael said...

Great. It sounds like all is normal on the western front. Ummm.... what kids? Uh oh.

Leland said...

Hi family, it's Leland Catherine. Just wanted to say hi from college & share this website with you all.

http://www.dayswithmyfather.com/#/0

It's called Days With My Father, a photo diary this guy kept to document the last three years he had with his 98 year old father, who had no short term memory. The father didn't have Alzheimer's, but the story is still pretty poignant and relevant to the struggles we are facing. Just a warning, it tugs at your heartstrings, so maybe don't start reading it in public or people will wonder why you're tearing up in the middle of your communications law lecture. Just a suggestion :)

Hope all is well, see you at Easter!

Michael said...

...and a new era begins...

Who left off the childproof locks?

Let me go back through my posts and see what I need to delete / edit.

:D

Michael said...

cool blog though. I want to be as good a photographer as he is.

Megan said...

Oops, Leland's the one who got me set up to blog way back when. I guess she checks in now and again, to see what's going on in the family. I'll slap her hand and tell her to go play with her friends and leave us grownups alone. Or we could take more drastic measures, though I can attest to her trustworthiness and discretion.

And isn't that the cutest picture of her?

Gilmom5 said...

Adorable!!

Michael said...

I'm not so worried Megan. I just needed to remember what I said in the past. I'm pretty sure there are several other off-sprinkles lurking. I quick had to remember what I past but I think we're safe. Besides, we need to teach the next generation how to take care of Lel soon anyway.

BTW, my first thought was that Lel finally figured out how to change her screen name from Gilmom5 to Leland.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles