Friday, March 27, 2009

Lookie What She Can Do!

Jim worked on the Alzheimer's floor today. He whirled around to greet one of the patients, who had called him, only to find a woman in her birthday suit. Only quick thinking saved him from a hug.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Jim is fooling around on the side?!?!?!?!?!? >:(

Stuart said...

Sorry I missed Jim. I wouuld have stayed around if I knew he was coming.

I spent an interesting time with Mom today. She wanted to talk about her condition. She asked when we first started noticing that she was having trouble, and what the progresssion was like. Then we talked about Alzheimers research. She prefers to think of it as simply a problem putting thoughts into words. She says that she doesn't have a problem with words when she reads, but I'm not sure that I believe that. But it was an interesting, if somewhat depressing, conversation. I thought at the moment that she was even showing some signs of cognitive improvement.

Then she started talking about her neighbors. First a resident lady hobbled by and Mom told me she would not be happy if I started a relationship with her because of her attitude. Then she told of another friend who always says whatever is on her mind, but Mom thought that was OK because she was 190 year's old and earned the right to say whatever. Then Mom took me to the bulletin board to show me the beautiful picture of her that was taken by the photographer at the St. Patrick's Day party. "The best picture (of her) that she has ever seen" Of course, the subject in the photo was actually a women in her 20s or 30s. Improvement? Not so much.

Anyway, I headed on back to Durham to help out with the kids. Sorry I missed everyone. I think we'll try to come up during spring break. I'll need to bring up the taxes for her signature. Maybe then we get together.

Megan said...

LLLOOOLLL, Jim! I really feel like I was there with you. What a great job!

Sorry we missed you, Stuart. When is spring break for y'all?

Danny said...

Lev's 'overwhelmed' post from Tuesday strikes an understanding chord here... now days later that I've finally had a moment to check in. Sorry, sib's. It's always enjoyable joining the banter :)

One little thing that helped me through long hours of work last week was discovering an Irish music radio station on the web. For those who haven’t found it before me, you can choose between either traditional/folk or contemporary channels at www.liveireland.com.

I’ll be down tomorrow to visit with The-Girl-That-Married-Dear-Ol’-Dad ;)

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles