Current weekend forecast: "Few showers/30% rain chance/High-46F/Low-38F". Not the best outlook but we'll wait and see if a leprechaun brings us a rainbow ;).
Yesterday's visit with Mom went as well as we can expect. Levelle & Megan have an anecdote or two I'm sure. Here's one of mine...
We moved to the 2nd floor 'Gathering Room' upon the arrival of the Blanchard bunch. The room was nearly perfect for our visit except for one thing. Twice, the door alarm went off on the Alzheimer's ward down the hall. The first time, I think the girls were able to distract Mom for its short but loud duration. The second time it sounded was more prolonged. Mom hopped up to poke her head into the corridor for a look see. As I stopped her from heading further she asked "What IS that?". I thought to reply "The future" but said "The Remembrance Unit". "What is THAT?" she asked. "Lets head back to our chairs and we'll talk about it" was my gentle reply. By the time we were seated, her mind was onto something else ;) Maireann croí éadrom i bhfad.
Love to all, Danny
15 comments:
What a lovely anecdote Danny. I need to get a gaelic translation though. (guess I could google it) My only note would be that I think that will be the last time all of mine visit at the same time. Even with the larger room, the extra cousins to entertain and a father who took them outside for a while...clearly they got on Mom's nerves. I thought Mom enjoyed getting out last week. Maybe if we shoot for once a month at a restaurant, once at one of our houses and the rest at BGT, Mom might enjoy the little escape.
Wait...I almost forgot...you're in the clear Stuart. Mom no longer thinks that it is you that tells her that she's in her eighties. While discussing her birthday (which totally overwhelmed her...too many calls, cards, visitors, presents...she wants to remember who sent/did what but can't and it was upsetting her again) she suddenly said, "Well I be damned! Those women were trying to tell me that I was eighty- five!" She was re f erring to her friends that visited. Megan tried to talk her off of the ledge, so that she wouldn't alienate any friend the next time that they visited. She eventually came around, but I'm not convinced that is the last we'll hear of that story.
Oh yeah, and as far as I know, she didn't ask for Paul. That's a big switch!
Anywho...Love to all - Levelle
Danny, don't forget that "Ní hé lá na báistí lá na bpáistí." And that means 8 or 85.
Levelle, mine translates "A light heart lives longest" and Stuart's "A rainy day is not for children". (Very witty riposte mon frère...I'll keep that in mind ;)
And you're correct Levelle, Mom's age story apparently gets a new twist to each new person told. Told to Paul, it was "some of her daughters" who told her and "88" was the age ;)
Ususally after checking the blog 12 or so times without seeing any updates, I just post some thing so that the number will change.
Nothing to report from here but I did just stumble across a a nice picture of a sandstorm in Riyadh. I've posted it temporarily so you can see it. It reminded me of all the fun days I had in Saudi. In storms like this, you sealed up your windows and doors as best as possible but you still had to chew grit with every breath.
Oh yeah, Manchester United beat Inter Milan 2-0 last night to reach the Champions League quarter final. That's a good thing. I got no sleep last night but I'm happy anyway.
I was beginning to think "Was it my breath? Something I said?"
'We' may have lucked out on the Buick. Stops at offices of C&E Insurance on Holabird Ave for an FR-19 POI and MVA in Essex to turn in the plates has us in the clear. Case closed per MVA.
Oh yea...Currently, no change in forecast of precip' chances for Sunday but forecast temps' are 7°F warmer than last reported.
I'm thinking that we will be going to the parade. My kids love it. So if Mom is not going, maybe I will visit earlier in the day or another day.
Same here. My game plan is to take her to Mass, see if she's up to it after that and then scoot downtown.
Great news that the issue with issue #7 is resolved. Next order of biz will be to get a sign up in the yard (is that done) and eventually a listing. I understand from the internets that home sales in eth Balto area are way down. I hope that we come out of that ok for mom's security.
Danny, I'd join you in taking Mom to the parade, but I hate crowds. Keep me posted as to what your plans are. Maybe I'll just join you for Mass and a meal.
Will do, Stu...
Will do, Megan.
This is my parish nusing week so I can't be there in the morning. Danny, will you text me if you do take Mom to the parade? I will either stop by after our 12n mass or go on Monday if you take her out on Sunday.
Megan, you don't like crowds?
Did Leland give up blogging for Lent?
BREAKING: From a recent text by Danny, Mom says to sell the house and distribute the belongings.
Post a Comment