Monday, February 2, 2009

Nice Visit Today

Jim and I spent a few hours with Mom today and she was in a fine mood. She thinks she's in trouble with someone based on an incident last night, but she doesn't know who it was. She could not explain what happened, but she wasn't upset when she was trying to tell the story. We had lunch with her, and then we chatted and looked through the photo album while Jim napped (big surprise).
The only thing she said about leaving BGT, was as we were standing to leave, she said someone had wiped her out last night (talking about her pens) and that she had to get out of there. I said, "Yup, it's time for us to get out of here." And we left.
I fixed the TV channels so only about 10 show up. Levelle has the original remote, which you would need to add channels.
We're going to try little or no visiting this week and then all come for a dinner on Sunday. Should we ask about using the 3rd floor kitchen?
Take care,
Lel

17 comments:

Danny said...

Don't you sleep Lel?

My thoughts are that a Sunday dinner routine, with little during-week visiting from us 8, should be tried for now. If we take this course, we'd need to give notice of it to a Uncles Jim & Bob and a few key friends of Mom's. Could we possibly recruit some of these folks to be our 'eyes' during the week, since we'll probably worry more(I know I will)about Mom's eating, bathing and other necessities. If our consensus is to go this way, I can start investigating the logistics at BG. I have to go for a SHORT visit today anyway.

Thanks for the humorous board meeting girls and Jim. The live telling by Levelle of her last blog's details was comical in the extreme... almost lost coffee through my nose during its telling.

And I spoke with Paul later yesterday. Any notion he may have had about Mom's leaving BG {except to move in with Quinn ;)} is now dispelled and he is aware that we may alter our game plan with Mom visits. I reinforced with him our 'talking points' for use when visiting Mom and gave him and gave him the job lead we discussed. I'll follow up with him on the latter this week.

Love, Danny

Gilmom5 said...

I'll bring Valentine Cupcakes on Sunday.

Michael said...

slight interruption.... what weekend were the ladies going to Chicago? 30-31 May? 23-25 May? We're booking tickets for the US soon.

Megan said...

I'll bring chicken salad sandwiches on Sunday. That should be easy to serve. Can y'all give me a headsup about who will be attending?

Chicago is the weekend of May 30th. I'm not sure I should be bothering with the Women's Entrepreneur Event (the original reason for the trip). But I still want to go.

Megan said...

Who's responsible for all the pink on the main blog page? It's burning my eyes!

quinn said...

Ahhhhhhhh pink :) You just have to smile when you wear or see pink!
Anyway, I will bring cokes and chips (or something like that) What time?
BTW- I have made an appointment for mom for her annual comprehensive physical with Dr.Lavin on February 23rd. I (or Boo) will address our concerns with him. Hopefully, we can get her off Namenda and on a sleep/antidepressant med. I will do some research between now and then about what, if anything is recommended. The nurse at BG was no help at all. More later.
LOVE Q

Danny said...

How 'bout I bring soup, disposable bowls & spoons? We can nuke it in the microwave if further warming is needed. Unless y'all think Mom would prefer a vegetable dish ;)
I'm good with any time, just post the consensus.

Levelle said...

I can bring some type of side salad and a cake because Aidan thinks that this is going to be a birthday party for him;-).

Stuart said...

I'm likely going to have to sit out this event. But I'll be happy to send up some pie.

Levelle said...

Don't worry Stuart, this is going to be our weekly schedule for a while.

Gilmom5 said...

Did anybody check with BG? Can we use the kitchen on the 3rd floor. We'll have to grab a cute old man or two, or maybe the McAvoys on our way to the party

quinn said...

I can check. Are we talking late lunch- 1 or 2ish? Q

Gilmom5 said...

late lunch sounds good. Danny, do you have a crock pot for the soup? I have one if you need it.

Danny said...

Good idea...I'll bring the crock pot... Michael Phelps'll just bring the pot ;)

Stuart said...

Force be with you

Stuart said...

So.... How'd it go? Did Mom notice that the attention during the week at subsided? Did she like the cake?

Danny said...

Mom had a good time and all went very well. She even beat the tar off us in a fun new card game Megan had brought. Some Sundays, we may try for the larger 2nd floor room. On others, a smaller group will work just fine in the 3rd floor room.
As a group, could we even try taking Mom on occasional local outings? Here’s an idea for one... What if we took her to J.Patrick’s/Locust Point for their next 2nd-Sunday afternoon ceili? Quinn & Levelle could teach us all some steps. We could get a snapshot of Mom holding a Guinness instead of a Yuengling. Researching this idea, I ran across the following clip of a ceili held there yesterday - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YNrDscAer0 . It looks like a lot of fun and, Mom included, I think we’d have a cheery time ;)

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles