Quinn, I'll check regularly for the Medicare correspondence and get it to you a.s.a.p.
And if I forget to ask when I drop it off, can you remind me to collect my Dad relics? ;)
Stuart, I don't need any recovery time from this weekend. In fact, the bro's all discussed meeting you half-way for next year's winter camp. What say ye to a mountain rendezvous in a VA or WV state/national forest next February? Man enough? ;)
I'll start to spiff up Yarmouth a little each trip there. Stuart, can I borrow that real estate sign post you left there to rig a FSBO sign when Yarmouth's ready to show. Would y'all prefer to NOT be around when I break this to Mom? I think that doing it during a regular Sunday may be a tad overwhelming or distracting for her.
16 comments:
I'll be up for a camp-out if you think a southern location will be cold enough for you guys. Of course, I'll have my airstream so I'll be fine.
If I left a sign post, please use it. And I wouldn't wait for a house cleaning or even to tell Mom. The FSBO sign would simply be to see what the interest level is from the neighbors and their acquaintances. Maybe a drive-by but I doubt that they get much of that.
Next question will be how to list with O'C&M. We have already talked to Tom, but I think someone said that Mom wanted to use Sean. Two options the way I see it (if we go this route): 1) tell both Tom and Sean and let them work it out or 2) let Mom choose as a way to break the news to her.
Just kidding about that last option.
How'd it go this weekend, camping and at BGT?
and to answer Danny's question: yes, thank you, I would prefer not to be there when you break it to her.
BGT was not bad - Mom's was happy to see us (and by us, I mean grandchildren and Paul). I'm sure Megan will post later, but she was there first and got some feedbeack from Mom about not having any freedom and wanting to move in with Paul.
Danny, you better tell her this week in case she's not speaking to us anymore. It'll save money on the birthday present.
I arrived at BG early, to get Mom shampooed and plucked. (Who wants to take a turn with that project next week?) Mom was in pretty good spirits, I kept her company while she had lunch, and then we went back to her room for beautification. Before we even began, she brought up moving in with Paul... she wanted her freedom. I started my list of objections with 1.) Paul lived at Michael's, and B.)Paul needed to find a full time job. She implied that she and Paul had worked it out, and I'm afraid she was trying to tell me that if he lived with her he wouldn't have to work. I hope I was just jumping to the wrong conclusion and that Paul really isn't promoting this plan.
Is Paul moving into BG too?
Somebody needs to tell her that Paul doesn't have cable TV.
....or anything but beer in the fridge. If she is worried about being lonely, she will see the postman every day for longer periods than she sees Paul.
Danny, I have the relics in my purse. Hopefully, one of us will remember them on Sunday.
I guess Mom didn't hear Paul offer to rent out "his" 3rd floor to Shannon after she graduates? I don't think he is going to have room for Mom, too.
I definitely got the impression that Paul has a lead on a job... landlord. LTA Q
Just getting a chance now to catch up with y'all on random thoughts.
Stuart, camping was great as always and I hope we can work something out next year.
The interim letter from SSA was in the Yarmouth mail today and confirms Mom's Medicare insurance entitlements. Quinn, I'll keep it with me. Holler if you need it before we meet next Sunday.
A 'heads-up' to anyone planning a visit to Yarmouth this Thursday... A notice was received today that BG&E has a Wiltondale area wide electric outage scheduled for about 4 hours beginning around 9am. Don't take Mom by that day. She'll think that the bill wasn't paid.
I just spoke with Paul. He assures me that neither is he encouraging Mom's recent 'move out' thoughts nor has she mentioned it to him his last few visits. He says the job search "is going" and he's getting by OK... with help from friends, SSA & a magnanimous family member. Thanks much L&J. Though I'd seen the movie, it made me research the phrase 'pay-it-forward'. Did you know that a fellow Pennsylvanian was an early proponent of the concept? In a letter written 225 years ago, Benjamin Franklin expressed the following:
"I do not pretend to give such a Sum; I only lend it to you. When you meet with another honest Man in similar Distress, you must pay me by lending this Sum to him; enjoining him to discharge the Debt by a like operation, when he shall be able, and shall meet with another opportunity. I hope it may thus go thro' many hands, before it meets with a Knave that will stop its Progress. This is a trick of mine for doing a deal of good with a little money."
TFTD. Love,Danny
A long distress.
...but hopefully, not the Knave.
true dat.
You lost me at hello.
F the Turtle.
Go Wolverines, Deamon Deacons, Tigers, Tar Heels, Eagles & whoever else is next up for delivering a whupping on the Devils.
Whatever.
But the chippy players, the whining and unstable coach, and the truly disgusting fans get what they deserve - another trip to the nit.
Post a Comment