We did have fun yesterday. Mom was a little aggitated when we got there. She was already eating lunch and seemed to be in a bad mood. I sat there while she ate lunch and we chatted a little. She really brightened up when Jamie and the boys came in. We all went upstairs to the community room on her floor room and just had a little party for a few hours. We played Apples to Apples and Mom won! She and Matt seemed to be the experts at that game. We had a few residents and employees come in for a cupcake. It would be nice to engage even more people.
As we were leaving, Mom was telling Quinn and I some story about her frustration with the Mass schedule at the Mother House. I can't imagine what went on in the morning but I bet it involved Mom making several trips over there, trying to get the straight scoop on when Mass was. I'm sure that was what she was mad about when we got there.
Not sure we could do that scale every week (BGT staff looked worried as we trooped in with coolers and party fixins), but I'm willing to do something on Sunday afternoons. I like Danny's idea for outings, too.
We checked the sign-in book on the way out and Mom did have a few visitors last week: Paul, Mackie Lawrence and Joan Spurrier. God bless them, everyone.
Have a great week,
Lel
16 comments:
That was fun. Next time, maybe we'll just have snacks and drinks. We could even try to do it downstairs in the main area. That way, others could join us if they wanted to. Mom seemed very nervous that we had not gotten permission to do it in that room. Sundays work for me too. 1:00 seemed like a good time.
Love to all and good luck this week Mom - Levelle
Oh yea... Girls, I forgot to add the following comment: Da-da-da da da-da da-da-da-da, da da da-da-da! Da-da? ;-)
mean
I don't recognize those lyrics.
Smoke on the Water?
No, boys, that would be the conversation that we had with Mr. Zito. He came out of his room to talk to us. Unfortunately he either can't speak english,or he just can't speak. But he had a whole converation with us only using the sound Da. Jamie's still talking about it also. It was quite interesting. (although Mom did not seem to think so )
BTW, I could understand Mr. Zito way better than I can understand Mom at times.
It was fun, but I'm always game for J.Patricks, with or without Mom.
Sorry, it was a poor attempt at humor. I wasn't trying to be mean.
Mr. Zito's 'da'ialogue was clearly understandable at first: "Levelle, how come you're not eating all this great food and everyone else is?"
I sent Mom flowers for Valentine's Day and signed all our names - just wanted to let you know in case she thanks you.
Not like when Michael sends them and just puts his own name on in an effort to further cement himself as Mom's favorite.
It's OK, though. Really.
Thanks much, Lel!
Thanks for nothing, Mike ;)
Thanks for doing that Lel but you didn't need to put my name on it. I already sent roses and Rhebs.
I figured you would. So I told her that Mr. Zito was sending candy and flowers.
Da. Da. Da.
You all make me laugh :)
Thanks, Lel. Did you also send me Rhebs and flowers for my 26th Anniversary? Matt brought me Rhebs, but a second box never hurts.
errrr... oh yeah. Happy Anniversary Megan & Matt. And Leland & Jim. And Stuart & Trudy.
Quinn, Danny, Let me know if I missed yours. Boo's is easy to remember.
Post a Comment