Monday, November 5, 2012

Edith Gilmour passed away last Friday

Heaven is getting crowded...

Edith was Jim's step-mother and a really wonderful woman.  She made the best comfort food I ever tasted - simple things like baked potatoes, steak, desserts.  Here's her recipe for M&M Cookies which were a favortie of everyone who tasted them:
M&M'S® COOKIES
1 c. butter flavored Crisco

1 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. white sugar

2 tsp. vanilla

2 eggs

2 1/4 c. flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 lb. pkg. M&M'S® (crush 1 c.)
Blend shortening and sugars. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Sift dry ingredients. Add to sugar and eggs. Stir in crushed M&M'S®. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet. Decorate with remaining M&M'S® (thee each cookie). Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on rack. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

Edith was 90 years old and had been in a nursing home in Lebanon, PA since Jim's dad died 2 years ago.  Funeral is coming up this Saturday.  Keep the family in your prayers    Take care, Lel

2 comments:

Megan said...

My sympathy to Jim and the rest of the Gilmour family. I don't know if I can get to the Saturday wake and funeral, but I will make it a point to make some M & M cookies in Edith's honor. I remember her being a very sweet lady.

Stuart said...

Sorry to Jim and the family. We'll say a prayer for her.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles