Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

I saw mom on Saturday. She doesn't look great, but at least was happy to see Megan and me. As the visit progressed she seemed to be in some pain. It was hard to understand the source of the pain, but we got the aide to give her some Tylenol. She didn't perk up until Quinn came and fixed her up.

Hope she has a peaceful birthday today!

See you all soon,
Lel

3 comments:

Danny said...

Lisa & I saw Mom on Saturday after you gals. She seemed free of pain but frailer, thinner and less lucid still. It took her 5 minutes to get one bite of cookie into her mouth... 15 minutes more to chew and swallow with coaxing.
On a good note (literally)... The one thing that seems to still cut through her fog is song. Though we couldn't conduct conversation, you could tell she was mouthing the lyrics to activities music.

Megan said...

I hated leaving Mom today. I know you guys might think I'm crazy, but I think she was seeing angels or Dad, or something. She was so vacant, but then she would look up and away, smile, and "speak" to whoever she was seeing.

Quinn was in to see Mom early today, bringing coffee cake. The aids said that Mom ate a couple of bites, but I'd like to hear that from Quinn. I was having no luck getting her to swallow anything.

Danny said...

Your not crazy. Mom was in the same state late afternoon... In bed... in and out of the fog. I couldn't get her attention but for a few moments out of 90 minutes... even for a box of Berger Cookies!

PS- Ms. Mary came in Mom's room and
"borrowed" the pinwheel flower that you decorated. I couldn't locate it before leaving but I'm sure it'll turn up.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles