Michael and Melanie, mostly for your benefit, I wanted to post about Mom's condition which seems to be worsening pretty rapidly. All the in-town sibs went to a care meeting on Monday. Mom's weight is down to mid-80's lbs. She doesn't eat much if any solid food. She is still drinking Boost and other liquids. One of the outcomes of the meeting is that they got a wheelchair for Mom, to help get her around. Walking is more and more of a problem.
I came down and went for a visit with Quinn last night. Mom seems so weak. Even after Quinn gave her a shower, Mom didn't perk up at all. This morning Quinn said she was surprised she didn't get a call from Arden Courts in the middle of the night with some problems. I went back this morning with Levelle, Megan and Kevin. Mom was a little better then. But it is still a dramatic change, I think, since Christmas.
Stuart is on his way up for a visit, so maybe he can update later too. Just wanted to let you guys know.
Prayers for everyone,
Lel
7 comments:
That doesn't sound good but thanks for the update.
I sat with her for a while last night as she slept. Some moaning and grasping the air, so things are still going on in her head. Maybe she saw Dad or Jesus or something. Really sad that we can't do anything for her.
In the morning, she was nearly caatonic, except when I asked if she wanted to see phtos of the kids and she softly said, Oh, yes."
All the food that goes in her mouth falls out. But Megan said that she likes milk shakes.
Still catatonic today...but still alive!
Evidently she didn't eat at breakfast, but did drink some of her shake. Mom was seated in the living room area and seemed comfortable, just completely zoned out. I swear that one eye was dilated more than the other. (but I'm not a nurse, nor do I play one on TV) Poor thing..so very tiny and frail.
Love to all - Levelle
ack...I'm PHSA (Levelle)...guess I didn't log out of my gmail account.
Happy birthday, Michael. (And also to Paul, who chided me last weekend for not calling him on Christmas Day.)
Maybe we should all come out to visit you and Melanie for next year's holdiday/birthday.
Yup, Happy Birthday, Michael! At least by my clock it's still your birthday. Hope it was a good one!
Thanks Stuart & Megan. Yes, Christmas in Singapore may not be cold but it could be cool.
Post a Comment