Sunday, November 7, 2010

Love the New Place!

Took a drive to Baltimore to see Mom's new place. It's really nice! I love the look and smell of the place. Mom has a lot of freedom there. She was sitting on one of the many indoor benches when we found her. She seems to be adjusting very well - at least better than earlier. We spent time in her room and taking a tour. There are many nice residents, who for the most part, are as amblatory as Mom is. Lots of residents walking around and talking to all who will listen.

The cutest thing was when a man walked into the lunchroom, one of the residents jumped up and cried, "Oh my God! It's so good to see you!!" Then she beamed at the whole room and announced, "This is my son." She held his cheeks in her hands and said, "How are you baby?"

This baby is going to bed, but just wanted to let you know that things are looking up in Baltimore.

Love, Lel

6 comments:

quinn said...

Another nice visit with Mom today. This is almost a full week of Mom adjusting pretty well. They told me that Mom had been participating in all of the community activies this morning. While I was there, we attended an Episcopal service. Mom sang and prayed and received Holy Communion. Stacy, the director of AC, stopped me on the way in to tell me that Fr.Tewes had a nice long visit with Mom yesterday. Stacy said that Mom seemed to recognize him right away and was thrilled to see him. They walked and talked and had a nice visit.

Megan said...

Yea! I know Mrs. Rafferty was going to resume visiting this week. I'll call Mrs. Leonard and give her the go-ahead, too. Has anyone been in contact with the bridge ladies?

Levelle said...

I was. I'll tell Mrs. Lawrence. Mrs. Spurrier has already received the "go-ahead" to visit. Maybe it's time to send out the new address cards.

Danny said...

Thank you girls for promising updates. I hope to add the same after my visit this evening.

Levelle said...

I had an awesome visit this morning! I found Mom down another "lane" sitting with another woman (who was sound asleep) in the dining room. Mom seemed to think that she was there to "help" the woman, so she wouldn't leave. We were chatting about Fr. Tewes' visit when one of the nurses came by and said that my sister was looking for us. We went and found her in Mom's room. Mom is back to walking pretty quickly. Megan and I proceeded to finish Mom's haircut. Mom had no problem teasing me the whole time! Then we folded up some of her new baby blankets before heading down to the activity room. When I left, Mom was sitting next to the cat lady (she constantly carries around two stuffed cats) listening to patriotic songs and waiting for the Trivia to begin.

Fingers crossed it stays this good. Now that they've backed her off of the heavy drugs, she really seems to have recovered to the capability level she seemed to have back at BG.

Love to all - Levelle

Danny said...

Beautiful job with Mom's haircut girls! She looked sparkling clean when I found her but was sulkily staring out the garden door at dinner time. Though coaxed back to the dining room, it was difficult to get her to eat much of her meal once she saw the dessert brownies on the counter. But she was the most interactive at her table and did almost finish her beets(Yuck!) before I caved in with the brownie.

She cheered up much during dinner and afterwards as we strolled all four "lanes". Her walking is very much improved. Stopping at each and every resident's memory board, Mom would point to photos of people she "knew". Getting back to her room, she tended to her baby dolls and I made an easy departure. All and all, a very decent visit.

Outsprinkles

Outsprinkles
These are the people whose love and support get us through each day and who we owe so much. They also helped a little producing......

Almost all of the Offsprinkles

Almost all of the Offsprinkles